Best critter to hunt for a 33 year old sorceress 12/06/2016 12:11 AM CST
So I got my original account back, which has a 33 year old sorceress. It's been so long since I played ( at least 15 years...I posted earlier, My character is Liyte...) and I am having a hard enough time just getting reaquanted with everything. I got killed twice trying to get back home to the landing, for some reason when I last left my body, it was in Ice Mule. What are suggestions of hunting, that wont get me killed right off, but that I wont make me bored to tears?
Re: Best critter to hunt for a 33 year old sorceress 12/06/2016 02:02 AM CST
Vourkas and colossal vultures near TaIllistim. I think you'll do just fine there till level 40.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Best critter to hunt for a 33 year old sorceress 12/06/2016 05:15 AM CST
The Icemule areas appropriate to your level:

Rolaren Gate/Frozen Battlefield areas for icy living stuff (ice trolls, cold guardians, artic manticores). (Out of the West Gate and head West) Stick to the bits of them closest to Icemule to start with (level 30ish critters), but take on the giants that are a bit further in with care (mid to high 30s).

Abandoned Farm for undead, elder tree spirit area. (keep going SE from the sanct at the entrance, the basic trees are a little on the low level side)

One way to find out what the options are anywhere is to ask for tasks from the local Adventurer's Guild.
Re: Best critter to hunt for a 33 year old sorceress 12/06/2016 08:28 AM CST

>So I got my original account back, which has a 33 year old sorceress.

Welcome back :) FYI age is no longer equated to level.
Re: Best critter to hunt for a 33 year old sorceress 12/06/2016 08:43 AM CST
In the Landing area, krolvin warfarers in the Mine are WAY below you (25th level to your 33rd, but at least you still get 20/!) but since they EWave and cast attack spells as well as swing weapons, may be a good ("fairly safe") area to tip your toe back into the mechanics. Depending on how many folks are around, they can also swarm(-ish), so even only 20 apiece can add up.

Much closer to your level, on the moon & through the runestone in the [Misty Chamber], hooded figures are about 30 or 31st and also spellcasters. Note however that they wear ALL armor types--warfarers typically only in the leather classes--and casting at the chain and plate ones is a giant pain in the tuckus.

Up on the glacier, arctic titans & frost giants are, I think higher than you. Also giant-sized, so a lot more HP to plow through. Best to go for a crit result kill (I did them with a hide/ambush character, for preference) so check your spell arsenal.

Once you're done with those, or if you feel like uphunting, back up on the moon in the Sheruvian monastery the initiates & monks are in the low 40s, as I recall. Man-sized targets (so, much more reasonable HP amount), who wear NO spells & skimpy armor (i.e. "none, they're in robes"), and yet have a ton of mana. (My Bard used them as mana-batteries with Unravel/1013; you may see great results with Dark Catalyst.)
Re: Best critter to hunt for a 33 year old sorceress 12/06/2016 11:18 AM CST
Welcome back! :)

When I came back I found the adventurer's guild to be my best guide in finding appropriate places to hunt, and it's also great for learning new areas. You can also set your difficulty level for bounties lower to start out so you can reacquaint yourself and not get squished quite so much.

Keep your eye on the calendar for group hunts and get togethers too! A hunting partner is a great thing to have.

And please feel free to stop by Silverwood Manor and ring the bell to speak with a mentor should you need any help getting back in the swing of things. :)

The flamepoint sand kitten hisses at a patchwork flesh monstrosity.
... 9 points of damage!
Re: Best critter to hunt for a 33 year old sorceress 12/06/2016 10:45 PM CST
Thank you for the advice! I was thinking of doing the adventurer guild anyway, since I heard about it. I think that will be my next step. :)
Re: Best critter to hunt for a 33 year old sorceress 12/06/2016 10:47 PM CST
I think that may be a bit far for me to travel. I got killed twice trying to get from Ice Mule back to the landing. I have yet to rediscover how to use scripts, and I cannot get the new front end, ( LICH) to load on my PC.
I do thank you for your advice, though.
Re: Best critter to hunt for a 33 year old sorceress 12/06/2016 10:49 PM CST
Thank you for your response. I may try the Krolvin warfarer. I think I can remember hunting them before. I DO remember trying to hunt on the moon, though, and I got killed everytime. ( chuckle)
Re: Best critter to hunt for a 33 year old sorceress 12/07/2016 01:18 AM CST
Hey, welcome back! :)

I'm glad you got your original account back. I also returned after about 15 years away, and there was Lylia, looking pretty much the way she did when I put her on the shelf. You'll probably find hunting a little rough at first, but it'll get vastly easier with practice.

Holler if you need anything!

--- Lauren, Lylia's player
Re: Best critter to hunt for a 33 year old sorceress 12/07/2016 10:31 AM CST
<I have yet to rediscover how to use scripts, and I cannot get the new front end, ( LICH) to load on my PC. >

Lich isn't a front end, it's 3rd party software that runs in the background of whatever FE you're using (similar to how Psinet did, if you remember that).

I don't know which FE you're using, but Stormfront and Wizard are the two most popular ones for those using a PC and both can be downloaded from the official site. If you're using the WEB FE, you'll def want to switch to one of those two (I'd recommend Stormfront, but there are those that will be forever loyal to Wizard).

As for scripting, if you're using Stormfront I can email you a couple travel scripts that work with that and instructions on how to use them if you like.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Best critter to hunt for a 33 year old sorceress 12/07/2016 09:00 PM CST
Greetings! Thank you, and welcome back yourself! :)
Re: Best critter to hunt for a 33 year old sorceress 12/07/2016 09:03 PM CST
I am using Stormfront, and thank you for the clarification, Starchitin. I would love it if you could send me some scripts with instructions! thank you for the offer. My email address is monalassy@msn.com.
Liyte