retuening after about 15 years 12/01/2016 03:53 PM CST
Greetings, if there is anyone about out there! I recently had a yen to return to my old stomping grounds. I played apporximatly 15 years ago. I had several personalities, my main one being Lady Liyte. I played back when the world was called Gemstone 3. I am pretty sure my old personalities are lost, so I'm starting over. I am born into a different town then I was used to Taalavor? Not that I'd remember much about the layout of the town, anyway, but the one I was used to was Wheinmer..( I know those spellings are wrong, but hopefully you all will understand.)
I have a new wizard I would like to start hunting with, but I can find no maps for the catacombs or younger hunting areas...does anyone have any advice on where to find some? Also any advice at all on things I should be doing to start out? it's been SO long since I played, I am not too sure on where to start.

Long Days and Pleasant nights to all, and Than ye.

Jenalia
Re: retuening after about 15 years 12/01/2016 04:03 PM CST
I remember the NAME 'Liyte', but primarily from the Boards; I don't think we ever crossed paths in-game.

Check out the GSWiki, for all your searchable info needs:
https://gswiki.play.net/Main_Page

And I wouldn't count out your characters being gone. Call Billing, talk to Chris (she is KNOWN to be awesome; the others there, you would be taking it on faith).

Was this you?

Category The Marketplace (61)
Topic Polearms (12)
Message barbed mithril trident (48)
By BARHAMR@PLAY.NET
On Mar 4, 2000 at 21:46

Greetings here be the one pole arm i have in me auction: if interestd send me a scroll at <redacted for age of post>
be well, Liyte

a barbed mithril trident
You swing a barbed mithril trident at a goblin!
AS: +66 vs DS: +40 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +18 = +73
A clean miss.
Mithril trident clashes with wooden shield!
[STR/DU: 90/230 vs. 45/155, d100(Open)= 41]
Re: retuening after about 15 years 12/01/2016 04:10 PM CST
Welcome back. As mention it is possible to get your old accounts back if wanted. Also if you want to travel to wehnimers landing look for the travel guide in town. You get a free token that will pay for one travel. Just make sure to pay off all debt before hand.

Also look at the official wiki gswiki.play.net and if you still feel lost type DIR SILVER inside town to find Silverwood Manor. Ring the doorbell and one of us mentors will gladly come help answer questions.

Welcome back!

Puptilian's player
Re: retuening after about 15 years 12/01/2016 04:11 PM CST
The Ta'Vaalor catacombs are on the "Fearling Pass and Ravelin" map in the wiki:
https://gswiki.play.net/Ta%27Vaalor_Area_(map)

Look at the Victory Road map too. There are some similar level critters there.
Re: retuening after about 15 years 12/01/2016 04:12 PM CST
Yay! Welcome back!

~ Konacon
Re: retuening after about 15 years 12/01/2016 04:29 PM CST
Welcome back!!

-The mind behind Rowmi's eyes.
Re: retuening after about 15 years 12/01/2016 05:25 PM CST

wow, that WAS me! that's amazing! one of the reasons I didn't even try getting my old character back was because I did not remember the info on my old account...that just showed me part of it.
Re: retuening after about 15 years 12/01/2016 05:28 PM CST
Thanks so much for the welcome and info!
Re: retuening after about 15 years 12/01/2016 05:29 PM CST
Thank ye, my friend, I will take a second look at those maps.
Re: retuening after about 15 years 12/01/2016 06:30 PM CST
Sure that's your account, same name and everything...

...but what you don't know is, they"ve been charging your credit card every month, too. :)
Re: retuening after about 15 years 12/01/2016 07:16 PM CST
lol nah. I haven't had that credit card. Pretty sure one of the reasons I quit playing was due to lack of funds.
Re: retuening after about 15 years 12/01/2016 07:35 PM CST
Welcome back!

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: retuening after about 15 years 12/02/2016 07:18 AM CST

Welcome back!

Good luck and have fun,
Askip

:D
Re: retuening after about 15 years 12/02/2016 12:32 PM CST
Welcome back! Returning after such a long absence can be daunting, but you'll find yourself remembering far more then you think you will, trust me. Just to help out, here are a few tips:

-If you do get your old account back, make sure you do the sprite quest with your young wizard if you haven't already (unless you plan on starting a new character on the old account). It should have approached you when you first rolled up the character, but if it didn't or you dismissed it without realizing what it was, go to Silverwood Manor (DIR SILVERWOOD will get you there) and ring the bell, a Mentor can get you a new one.

-Mentors aren't just there to help new players, they're more then happy to help answer questions for anyone regardless of level or how long they've been in the game. If the one you're talking to doesn't know the answer themself, they can usually direct you to a resource or get ahold of someone that does have the answer.

-The wiki Krakii mentioned has become the bible of all things Elanthia, bookmark it. Even the most experienced players regularly refer to it: https://gswiki.play.net/Main_Page

-Don't let anyone rush you into getting Lich. It can be useful, but it can be a bit daunting at first and will be much easier if you've gotten your barrings in the game first (if you get it at all, it's not necessary by any means).

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: retuening after about 15 years 12/03/2016 09:43 PM CST
Thank you so much for the welcome. And for the advice. I'm glad you said that about the Lich. Someone suggested I get it, and I almost did. I did do the Sprite quest with my young wizard. I am in the process if trying to get my old account back, but I answsered the security question wrong, so I am currently waiting to hear from Simutronics.
Re: returning after about 15 years 12/04/2016 08:21 AM CST
>I'm glad you said that about the Lich. Someone suggested I get it, and I almost did.

To echo others, Lich is not required to play this game. I am sure it is a huge quality of life use for those that have it, but I never used it.

I always liked to print out the maps and use them to find my way around. I even still have copies of Zepath's old maps, before Tsoran started making the ones we all have come to love and use. However, once you get pretty familiar with an area and travel around more, things will start to stick, and you will soon not need a map to get from Wehnimer's to Solhaven, or Ice Mule.

Oh! And welcome back! It is always good to hear about folks that come back after a bit a of hiatus.

~Contemplar~