Attunement 02/06/2016 11:42 AM CST
So, I've found some limited information about attunement and I'm not quite sure how I should proceed. I think my dilemma probably comes from not really knowing how I want to play my wizard end game, but I'm just not sure how I should attune. Are there attunements that are better for end game wizards in terms of combat? I'm kind of following a cookie cutter build posted in the GS4 guides right now, but there isn't a lot of information about gameplay past level 30 or so. I'd like to hear from people using attunements at higher levels. Thank you!
Re: Attunement 02/06/2016 11:53 AM CST
I am unattuned - at the moment.

The GMs are hard at work trying to tantilize wizards to attune, though.

Fire and lightning can cause you to blow yourself up in the 70 to 90 ranges.

As to the others, I don't really have an opinion to offer. The key point is you don't really need to make any immediate choice, there's no real significant benefits yet one way or the other, you will ultimately be able to change it, if you wish.

Doug
Re: Attunement 02/06/2016 12:01 PM CST

since the attune reset hasn't been released you can attune, try something out, and likely get the reset when it is.
Re: Attunement 02/06/2016 12:02 PM CST
Sure there are benefits. Attunement affects 502, 518, 411, and the eventual change to 925.

https://gswiki.play.net/ isn't completely updated but has a wealth of info about wizard spells.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Attunement 02/06/2016 12:28 PM CST
Hmm. . . something odd going on with posts?

At any rate - the ability to e blade enchanted weapons is one I overlooked, thanks for pointing that out.

Overall, though - still not a driver to the end-game wizard, as the original question proposed, and I stand by my answer of nothing really driving the 'need' to attune.

V brings up a good point, though - soon, there will be a reset ability. When, that's the piece I don't know. And with other requirements, not sure it will matter greatly to a 30 to 50 trained wizard.

Doug
Re: Attunement 02/06/2016 04:37 PM CST
Thanks for the pointers, I was wondering if there was a point, and after reading this, I think I'll wait. The Play.net stuff still says that attunement is permanent and "like your blood type" so I didn't want to pick one without knowing as much as I could first. If they are overhauling it, I'll wait until it's done to make a choice. Thanks again!
Re: Attunement 02/06/2016 04:46 PM CST

>The Play.net stuff still says that attunement is permanent

Play.net documentation is not updated and shouild not be relied on.
Re: Attunement 02/07/2016 02:05 PM CST
Anyone who hunts the Confluence really wants to ATTUNE...to literally anything.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p