Consecrate and Magical Weapons 08/26/2015 08:11 PM CDT

Hello All,

Apologies if this question exists elsewhere....I browsed for quite some time and could not find the answer I seek...

According to the gswiki, "Consecrate may even be cast upon magical sanctified items if the caster's Paladin Spell ranks + Spiritual Lore, Blessings ranks = 15 or greater. The plasma criticals will flare on any type of creature, but only for Paladins and Clerics who wield the holy item."

I currently possess 17 ranks in Paladin Spells and 2 ranks in Spiritual Lore. When I cast consecrate on my weapon...nothing happens.

I am using a magical 5x lance, that already has world flares on it (purchased for bloodscrip in Duskruin.) My question is- can consecrate be cast upon weapons that already possess flares, or no?

Thanks to anyone taking the time to read/respond to a new player :)
Re: Consecrate and Magical Weapons 08/26/2015 08:18 PM CDT
>>My question is- can consecrate be cast upon weapons that already possess flares, or no?

We really need a paladin to weigh in here (I have no personal experience), but with what I know about flares and sanctified weapons, my guess is going to be no. A flaring weapon is not a sanctified weapon. The spell actually adds the flare.

To test the theory, hit the local cleric shop and buy up a sanctified (holy) weapon, and try consecration on that. It should be successful, based on what you posted.

Doug
Re: Consecrate and Magical Weapons 08/26/2015 09:22 PM CDT
>> can consecrate be cast upon weapons that already possess flares, or no?

You can't add plasma flares to a weapon or shield that already has flares.

I'm not specifically familiar with world flares but am assuming they take up the normal flare spot on the item.

-- Robert

"All wizards are beginners; some of us have just been beginning longer!"
Re: Consecrate and Magical Weapons 08/26/2015 10:28 PM CDT

I have a 5x eonake waraxe from duskruin with realm flares. I assume the weapon in question is similar. I have bonded with my waraxe and can tell you that the realm flares do in fact take up the flare spot, and therefore you cannot use consecrate or bonding to gain additional flares.

I could be wrong but it is my current understanding that if these flares do not take up the script spot as well you could have a script based flare added. The greater flares on the more expensive weapons were stated as taking up both spots, so it might be the case with these also. I am really not sure.
Re: Consecrate and Magical Weapons 08/27/2015 02:13 AM CDT

Thanks for the answer! That is kind of what I figured must be going on. Great weapon nonetheless!

Appreciate the help from all who answered. Happy hunting!