If an application was submitted six months ago... 12/30/2010 09:09 PM CST
As of the time of this post the following is still the message I receive: "Your application has been submitted, but cannot be updated at this time. Please wait for a response as we review your application.

Reviewer Comments
GS4-ZYLLAH 6/15/2010
GameHost Team: Your Host application has been preliminarily reviewed. "

Is a second application encouraged? ~ I'm assuming I didn't cut it six months ago (never having received any other feedback other than the above), and I'm not sure if I'd still fall below the bar, I very well could, but... I'd certainly not want to be a pain by constantly reapplying each time an announcement is made if one application is held for a certain time period. However, I would like to express there is still interest on my end. Thanks!
Re: If an application was submitted six months ago... 12/30/2010 09:21 PM CST
If you think your application would be sufficiently different if submitted again, I would say yes, resubmit. Lives change, skillsets change, availability changes. These things can all impact whether someone is a good fit for Hosting (or for GMing).

Cheers,
Itzel

Team Plat
Forest Gnome Guru
Elven Nations Guru
Wordsmiths Guru
Re: If an application was submitted six months ago... 12/31/2010 11:32 AM CST
This is likely a silly question with an obvious answer, but it is eluding me. How would I go about resubmitting if I can't get past the feedback response to return to the application? "Join the team" won't take me to an application form, but rather to the status of my my most recent application.
Re: If an application was submitted six months ago... 01/03/2011 09:39 AM CST
Actually you can't update your app if it's in the review stage. If there's something specific you'd like to add you can email me. You can't put in a second app.

We're looking at the apps for a new Host class as I type this. So if you don't hear anything from us by the end of January check your app on the website again and there should be an updated message for you. Thanks!

Zyllah
Re: If an application was submitted six months ago... 01/05/2011 10:02 PM CST
Well just to drop my 2 cents in...

I've delt with hosts before, most times cause I needed a GM referral. A few times they have been able to help me without getting a GM involved.

I have always found them to be helpful and professional in their task as a Host. I have also always thanked them for their time, it's simple curtousy really.

I saw Simu was taking GM apps many moons ago, I Was like cool! I'll apply, I'd love to help out even if it is just storylines and maybe being a NPC character in the storyline. I figured my programming at the time wouldn't have qualified me to be of much coding use. And I didn't know they tended to look at mentors/hosts before anyone else back then.

I'm actually glad they can put a comment on your App now so you know someone has at least looked at. That annoyed me at the time, not knowing.

I'd actually be interested in seeing if Simu was interested by me appling for a host spot. I have a few things that are in the game I've helped create over the years. Which may not be a big deal to some, but is one of the reasons I think I like GS so much. A regular player can end up putting their mark in the game. and if a Host or later a GM they can put a bigger one by doing more things.

But do to a newborn, work schedule, basically time restraints, and some past disagreements with some people... I'm not even sure Simu would look at an app from me seriously.

But I can see the benifit of having people who have been around for years or decades wanting to help out. I've mainly played two prof. types since GEnie days. Not a whole lot I don't know about those for an example. Then there are the little things that are bugs that mostly get ignored because lets face it they have only happened 1-6 times in the entire history of GS. So they are not overly known about, obviously cause it's a rare problem. I've confused people by finding these things in game a time or two. And that kind of knowledge is priceless when going to help others.

Alright I'm done ramlbing now. :)

Senglent and his wayward kin