Board Mods Needed! 12/13/2011 02:38 PM CST
Hey hey,

I am going to be needing a few board mods in the new year, so if anyone is interested in applying, get your apps in over the next 2-3 weeks! If there are any questions on being a mod etc then feel free to ask here or email my play.net.

<3

~Izzea
SGM Towns & Communities
Forum Manager
Famous in Norway

Follow me on Twitter: @GSIzzea
Re: Board Mods Needed! 12/14/2011 10:49 PM CST
Process for Application? It the same as host and GM applications?
Re: Board Mods Needed! 12/15/2011 11:32 AM CST
Yes it is, via the main application page. :)

~Izzea
SGM Towns & Communities
Forum Manager
Famous in Norway

Re: Board Mods Needed! 12/15/2011 12:01 PM CST
I have applied to be a mentor in the past, but couldn't meet the in game requirements, since my schedule is so variable; I couldn't guarantee to be there at specific times. Are the time requirements for board moderators similar?
Re: Board Mods Needed! 12/16/2011 12:17 PM CST
Time requirement for board mods is variable. The expectation is that mods would read their category once daily at least, though, or make arrangements with other mods if this isn't possible.

~Izzea
SGM Towns & Communities
Forum Manager
Famous in Norway

Re: Board Mods Needed! 08/29/2012 12:25 PM CDT
>Time requirement for board mods is variable. The expectation is that mods would read their category once daily at least, though, or make arrangements with other mods if this isn't possible.

Dang it. I came here for something entirely different and got sucked into the 'mods and ghs needed posts'. Granted the GH one might be fairly old. Curiousity may indeed kill this old cat, but both sound like a hoot.

The real reason I came here is nothing else seemed remotely to pop into my brain as the 'correct' thread. If it exists, I may have accidentally hidden it at some point or another thinking 'Wow why would I ever want to read THAT?'

Thinking of making the 'ENN' reporters go out on assignment. Not just to particular towns to stir up the gossip on what storylines are happening in the various towns. More like a VERY colored history of various points of interest within towns, artifacts, older and semi-forgotten storylines, and various locales that people with new third party software might literally pass right by without ever stopping to smell the roses (or rolton dung). Does such a thread exist (and please NOT the History of Elanthia thread - that surely sounds like if it actually exists I'd have instantaneously deleted it.)? Maybe 'Wow, never knew this was here!' or some such. Something to catch the fancy, or ire, or both, of the readers.

ENN: All the news that's fit to print, and even more that isn't - Anonymous

OOC: Unless the muse strikes again, I have now sent my final writing to the publishing house. It's retirement time. God help you all on the increased posts you'll see from me. Since at times I've heard my novels discussed in not-so-private places in game and also on a third party software chat, thank you all who have read me. And no, I sure as hell as not giving out my pseudonym. Let's just continue to call me "Anonymous". If you know who my characters are in game, please do not come up and discuss my work. I come here to play. :)
Re: Board Mods Needed! 08/29/2012 01:38 PM CDT
There's a "World of Elanthia" topic here: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/General%20Roleplaying/The%20World%20of%20Elanthia/view/114

Though, people will post interesting things in-game in the topics of the towns nearest to their delighted discoveries.

There are many, many, very cool places, as well places to visit that throw one back to the earliest days of the game.

GM Scribes
Re: Board Mods Needed! 08/29/2012 01:52 PM CDT
>Location of place to put the posts - Scribes

Half the fun when I ad lib type or write something is in having the discovery made by others on their own instead of putting it right in front of their faces. I doubt the writings will go into the town folders for that very reason. Guess I'll dust myself off and the very-used keyboard and see what comes out of the fingers when things settle a bit more here. Maybe the folder will get posts more than every 5 months, we shall see.

- Anonymous