Tart Lore 01/18/2011 11:15 AM CST
Hey there, guys.

So... Tarts. Tell me what you think of them.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
(At this point, I tried to summon the crows, by doing a tribal dance in the barrows and singing "Heerre crowie crowie crowie. Oosh oosh." That didn't work.) -- Coyoterre
Re: Tart Lore 01/18/2011 11:24 AM CST
Very handy to get halflings out of the way. Even the stale ones.

Otherwise, eh.

Doug
Re: Tart Lore 01/18/2011 11:31 AM CST
I think the medicinal properties of tarts would be an interesting concept to explore. Beyond that, maybe giving or offering what tarts means what, like flowers.
Re: Tart Lore 01/18/2011 11:46 AM CST
Why did the treasure system stop generating good ones? I think it's a bug that it only generates stale and moldy tarts. Years ago, you could find several different flavors of fresh tarts in the regular treasure system.
Re: Tart Lore 01/18/2011 12:14 PM CST
That is a strange thing that they only do stale or moldy ones, it probably has something to do with the randomness of the generator.

I think the whole tart medicinal issue is basically based on the herbs used in their creation, but I do agree exploring the meaning behind tarts in halfling cultures.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
(At this point, I tried to summon the crows, by doing a tribal dance in the barrows and singing "Heerre crowie crowie crowie. Oosh oosh." That didn't work.) -- Coyoterre
Re: Tart Lore 01/18/2011 12:31 PM CST
I think there should be some "special occasion" tarts. Example, most Americans tends to associate pumpkin pie with Thanksgiving and ham with Easter. We have Super Bowl Sunday staples. I think there should be some tarts that are made for traditional gatherings.
Re: Tart Lore 01/18/2011 01:04 PM CST
When I read the subject line, I really thought this thread was going to turn in another direction...

Dave, Brandain's Bard
Re: Tart Lore 01/18/2011 03:40 PM CST
okay here some tart lore for ya, if halflings keep giving you caramel tarts and your not a halfling, it means they are fattening you up. If in the spring they give you a nightshade tart, congradulations you been choosen as the roast beast at the next trine!
Re: Tart Lore 01/18/2011 04:50 PM CST

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~