No should always mean no. 03/14/2011 01:01 PM CDT
Any chance we can get this looked at? When I go to bark no, it defaults to the closest thing that starts with the letters N O...ie...note...or random person next to me. Makes a HK feel pretty stupid when he's just trying to tell someone no, for whatever reason.
-c
Re: No should always mean no. 03/14/2011 02:30 PM CDT
Good point. I'll see if I can't ask someone to do something about it.

At worse, I can include it in my requests for work on the BARK verb.

GM Scribes
Re: No should always mean no. 09/30/2011 03:19 PM CDT
Yes this happens time to time when I type bark hel, for bark hello, and I bark at my helmet. Or two to days ago, I bark la for bark laugh and it barked at a women in the room whose name begun with La. Is there a way to code it so it goes with the verbs first prior to surrounding items?
Re: No should always mean no. 10/01/2011 08:39 AM CDT
>Is there a way to code it so it goes with the verbs first prior to surrounding items?

We get just as many complaints when it's the other way, too.

Think about how many times you grin drunkenly when trying to grin at someone whose name begins with Dru.

What if you wanted to bark at the Lala woman, but instead laughed?

~Vanah
Re: No should always mean no. 10/02/2011 01:51 AM CDT
That's all well and good, but no seems to default to any item/person that starts with no...so if you have a note on yorself, or someone is there with that no name, there isn't anyway to bark in disagreement.
-c
Re: No should always mean no. 10/04/2011 08:22 AM CDT
>That's all well and good, but no seems to default to any item/person that starts with no...so if you have a note on yorself, or someone is there with that no name, there isn't anyway to bark in disagreement.

Valid point.

This has been changed for the NO option only.

>bark no
You bark loudly in disagreement.

>bark note
You bark at a Wehnimer's promissory note.

None of the other options were shut out by the order, with maybe the exception of Pain in plat--but really, doesn't barking AT Pain and barking IN Pain accomplish the same thing?

~Vanah
Re: No should always mean no. 10/04/2011 08:38 AM CDT
On behalf of my glass is half-empty half-krol, thank you.
-c
Re: No should always mean no. 10/06/2011 08:09 AM CDT
As always, thank you Vanah!

~Nebhrail, The Reaper
Plat Minion
River's Rest Guru
Half-Elf Guru
Half-Krolvin Guru