On Speaking Krolgeh 08/26/2014 03:17 PM CDT
Irkuk!

I was wondering just how people there are out there who speak this language in character? I don't see too many half-krolvin's around much at all, maybe 5 and that's on a good night. Is this a language, like Dhe'narsi, that is around but no one actually speaks? Or is there some secret Half-Krolvin pocket somewhere who use it? Having become pretty good at speaking krolgeh, it would be fun to play with others I could communicate with.

Urgha,

Jocastae's Muse
Re: On Speaking Krolgeh 08/26/2014 04:58 PM CDT
This is a situation where I'd actually suggest checking via OOC-whisper whether the players around you would be willing to portray someone who speaks/understands krolgeh, and if they are then give them some time to brush up on reference material. Certainly half-krolvin characters might be expected to know it by default, but there are plenty of reasons for others to have picked up the language based on their backgrounds (especially if you're still in River's Rest), and they may find it fun to add that character detail. (On the other hand if you start barking phrases at them to see if they respond you may lose that opportunity when they're forced to state they don't immediately understand.)

Good luck!
Re: On Speaking Krolgeh 08/29/2014 01:06 PM CDT
Years ago there was a Half-Krol PRO, Dush gno Krol, which was sort of encouraging to use the language.

In my spare time, I've fiddled with ideas for Krolgeh in order to patch some somewhat simple holes that exist which, if done, would make it even more useful as an alternative language to play with. For example, right now, unless you type, "1, 2, 3, 4," there's no way to count in Krolgeh. I want to fix that.

GM Scribes
Re: On Speaking Krolgeh 08/30/2014 07:39 PM CDT
This I would love to help with, if you're looking for help! My companion and I have often remarked on how limited Krolgeh seems to be and have wondered whether or not it's intentional. The addition of even just a few words would greatly broaden the ability to speak this language.
Re: On Speaking Krolgeh 09/10/2014 06:03 AM CDT

Ideas, I like ideas. Send me ideas!

If you have any others that are for HKs, but not specifically language, feel free to send those, too.

~ X.

---
A red-bearded bright green goblin begins to run around in circles faster and faster. When he stops suddenly, he begins to stagger around as if he had just gotten back from the Stone Eye.