Trying something new for a change.. 02/03/2012 09:14 AM CST
>You remove a weathered brown leather journal from in your bourde cloak.

>You carefully open your brown leather journal, revealing the smooth pages of vellum within.

>read page

The page, written in Krolvin, reads as follows:

The Thoughts, Findings, and Teachings of an Arcane Master.

Written by, Lord Gristash Urgorog ~ Half-Krolvin Warlock

Before I begin writing my logs within this bound journal, I figure it only be right that I first begin explaining why I am keeping one in the first place. My intentions are simple here, to write down my collective thoughts and perhaps findings along my travels as the time passes, in hopes of perhaps passing down some knowledge to an eager scholar. Should I somehow meet an unexpected demise, let this journal by my voice and my mind to others capable and eager to understand thewords kept confined within these pages.

As a note, I will date each log I enter with the current time so that when read by another, they may have a better grasp of the timeline I speak of. When the time comes that this is perhaps read, I do hope this journal will act as more than just simple vellum pages but also, a piece of history in itself. Enjoy it, absorb it.

~ Lord Gristash Urgorog

Volume I

>You turn to the next page of your journal. You're now on page 2.

The page, written in Krolvin, reads as follows:

NIIMAN, DAY 2 OF FASHANOS, 5112.

Today is the first entry in my journal, and it is better to start later then never. Earlier, I had started my journey towards progressing within the ranks of the Guardians of Sunfist, a rather brutish society yet bound to kill all Grimswarm that stand to harm others. Walking to all of the outposts, was no fun feat but a much needed task to do regardless to progress within the ranks.

I also finally mastered the sacrificing rituals taught to me, by High Lord Oxxon. The ritual itself is a rather simple one, yet surprisingly taxing on ones inner soul. I am sure however, that this new skill set will prove most fruitful while out during my hunts. Now, I am back in the Rest with these rather rancid locals. The smell of cheap whiskey permeates the air but I suppose one gets used to it. Last night as well, some rather interesting guests arrived in town, mostly a small swarm of undead constructs and the like sent by Luukos to observe me some more. (cont'd)

>You turn to the next page of your journal. You're now on page 3.

I managed to speak with what I believe was Luukos himself, through a vessel of his a week ago. He mentioned that once again he will be joining with my master in due short time. I certainly await the arrival of both with open arms.

>You gently close your brown leather journal, taking care not to bend any of the pages.

~Now with more GRR!

AIM: Tehir Xunlari
Re: Trying something new for a change.. 02/03/2012 09:31 AM CST

I very much applaud IC journals and look forward to reading more. =)
Re: Trying something new for a change.. 02/03/2012 09:43 AM CST
IC journals, especially from the perspective of a half krolvin sorcerer, make me quite happy. Well done, well done.

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi
Re: Trying something new for a change.. 02/03/2012 11:34 AM CST
hah, yeah Tak, I'm not as mutant as you though ;)

I just couldn't see myself being a swinging Sorcerer. If I wanted to personally be a swinging pure, I'd have gone wizard for sure.

I had this idea stirred up in my head for a bit, just never knew how to approach it really. In the end, I think I decided on just basically making it like a journal to write all my thoughts in, and things that may occur over time etc while putting a spin on learning certain thresholds of spells, like shifting, animation etc.

We'll see how it goes I guess, as I am definitely sure I will need multiple journals, hence Volume 1 on the first page heh. Eventually I'd like to get each journal altered so that they'd be legit inscribed the titles, volume numbers. But for what I have to work with, this will do for now.

~Now with more GRR!

Re: Trying something new for a change.. 02/03/2012 11:37 AM CST
Oh, and I also wanted to keep it more in character, so I decided instead to write it in krolvin.

By doing this, it literally means that anyone I show my journal too, won't be able to read it except for other half krolvin :)

So basically, in the end I wanted it to be a piece of history/treasure for just another Half Krolvin, and not some common petty scum ;)

~Now with more GRR!

Re: Trying something new for a change.. 02/03/2012 02:39 PM CST
Coolness.

GM Scribes
Re: Trying something new for a change.. 02/04/2012 08:36 AM CST
Very neat!

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Forest Gnomes