Blink and they walk right into it 09/21/2014 08:29 AM CDT

You leap from hiding to strike!
You attempt to punch a silver-eyed krolvin stormcrow!
UAF: 477 vs UDF: 478 = 0.997 * MM: 104 + d100: 17 = 120
A hit!
--you blink as you realize that what you thought you saw didn't actually happen.
You have good positioning against a silver-eyed krolvin stormcrow.
UAF: 477 vs UDF: 678 = 0.703 * MM: 104 + d100: 97 = 170
A layer of shifting stone absorbs 12 points of damage!
... and hit for 41 points of damage!
Palm strike to face drives nose straight into brain!
The krolvin stormcrow crashes to the ground in a plume of dust.
The deep blue glow leaves a silver-eyed krolvin stormcrow.
Re: Blink and they walk right into it 09/21/2014 08:32 AM CDT

+1

~Mychar wonders why he cannot leap over the railings onto invaders with his stiletto.

~Because you are Greganth, not Batman.
Re: Blink and they walk right into it 09/21/2014 12:43 PM CDT
Well, that is certainly an instructive example of how MM is more important in determining the results with UAC than the UAF:UDF ratio. Refresh my memory on some UAC mechanics; the MM is affected adversely by increasing levels of the target vs the level of attacker, making significant uphunting more difficult?

"For the female of the species
is more deadly than the male."

Re: Blink and they walk right into it 09/21/2014 01:54 PM CDT
>the MM is affected adversely by increasing levels of the target vs the level of attacker, making significant uphunting more difficult?

There is a random EBP related malus to MM. This is affected by everything that affects EBP including level difference. Stance is very important here. If its in defensive this malus gets big a lot faster than if its in offensive.

The main limit on uphunting is tiering. Tiering chance decreases by approximately 5% per level difference and eventually becomes virtually zero. I don't have as good data on when the ambush tier rate goes to zero as opposed to the jab opening chance, but I find it becomes effectively pointless somewhere in the 10-15 levels above range (similar for both open and ambush, but I've only got to 1.5x in ambush so with full ambush training you might find if works for a few more levels of difference). I'll go out with a capped mob at level 50 with a swinger but my UAC experience is that I need to be at about level 90 to be as effective as a level 50 swinger or bolter in that situation.