Discussion Post #1: Best Clan? 06/12/2015 03:48 PM CDT
Going forward, I will be dropping off "discussion posts" on a quasi-timely schedule(?), for the purpose of doing two things: 1) Learning what you guys think about the race and, 2) Greedily looking for any great ideas or perspectives that I can incorporate into my own work to improve and highlight the race.

On that note, Discussion Post #1: Which Giantkin clan is the best? Why? (YES, THIS IS SUBJECTIVE). Or, alternatively, what's your favorite clan and why? :D

GM Scribes
Re: Discussion Post #1: Best Clan? 06/13/2015 09:06 AM CDT
Wsalamir are best.

I could tell you why, but its a clan secret and I'd have to kill you.
Re: Discussion Post #1: Best Clan? 06/13/2015 01:41 PM CDT

I don't really have a favorite clan. they each have a place and can help to define the character and history of ones Character. I chose Issamir because it was the clan that made the most sense for a Giantkin born in Ta'Vaalar, and who was there at the time the Elvin road was opened.
>>The Issimir formed shortly after the battle at the fortress ShadowGuard. Some of their founders were the giantkin sent to rebuild the areas surrounding Ta'Vaalor struck by the advancing Undead hordes, while many of the others were sent to help bury the dead from the battle<<
It sort of makes sense that a family group or kegritsha would stay to defend and maintain the work that the clan did in the region. So Tholn is the last surviving member of the Stone Cutters kegritsha that worked the Cory north of Ta'Vaalor and rebuilt the walls of the fortress city. His parents had a workshop in the basement of Malwith's Inn and also hired out as caravan guards for Elf merchants trading with Zul. they died on one such trip and Tholn was sort of adopted by Malwith until he came of age a day after the road to the nations was reopened.
Re: Discussion Post #1: Best Clan? 06/13/2015 01:54 PM CDT

>>Wsalamir are best.

I could tell you why, but its a clan secret and I'd have to kill you.<<

Does the secret have to do with the drink Wsalamir make from yellow snow and tea for their halfling guests?
Re: Discussion Post #1: Best Clan? 06/13/2015 01:57 PM CDT

>Does the secret have to do with the drink Wsalamir make from yellow snow and tea for their halfling guests?

Wait, what? They said it was called an arnald palmer...what ever that is.

-Zakken, plat Halfing
Re: Discussion Post #1: Best Clan? 06/13/2015 05:14 PM CDT
T'Kirem, because we OG.
Re: Discussion Post #1: Best Clan? 08/18/2017 03:19 PM CDT
Grot'karesh because they have the most interesting history.

Jen
-Darcena, Loirya, Kioya, Nextina