OOC Meeting Summary! 06/10/2015 12:38 PM CDT
Howdy folks!

Below is an extremely short recap of what was covered in the meeting that was held Monday night.

1) New Documentation!

This is my current major project and the one I'm focusing most of my energy on at the moment. It will not be part of HSN, but I hope to get it out as soon as possible. The document will cover a mysterious gap in the giantkin history that exists in present documentation (giantmen history...but who?) and will result in the introduction of a new clan of Giantmen. It will, by extension, also provide more information on the Kannalan Empire (where much of this aforementioned gap exists).

2) Race Verb!

No, I don't know what it is. No, I can't provide no timing on this idea. No, it'll happen when it happens, but I will solicit player ideas for whenever it's possible it will happen.

3) Giantkin Merchandise!

I want to create a merchant for the sell of more giantmen specific merchandise. I shall also take player ideas on this matter, as well.

All three things, again, won't be part of HSN, which is a bummer, but I simply got onto the Giantman Party Train too late to get things done for that promotion. At least I'm on the Giantman Party Train!

If anyone has any concerns or questions or whatevers, and weren't able to make the meeting, please feel free to post 'em here or directly email me at my play.net!

Thank you to everyone who showed for the great turn out!

GM Scribes
Re: OOC Meeting Summary! 06/11/2015 06:37 AM CDT
>2) Race Verb!

There a lot of inappropriate stuff in recent releases of restricted verbs. I wouldn't like to see another bunch of actions that would be appropriate for anyone set up as being giantkin only. A giantkin might do this or that action, but does it make sense that an elf or a human can't? They should pass the test of whether it makes sense to restrict them as well as whether it makes sense for giantkin to use them.
Re: OOC Meeting Summary! 06/11/2015 08:59 AM CDT
Absolutely.

GM Scribes
Re: OOC Meeting Summary! (sorry this is a little long) 06/11/2015 01:53 PM CDT
Forgive me if this is a little long and not well organized I just got out of knee surgery and I am still a little buzzed on pain meds and anisthisia.

Giantin changes that would be nice:
*move one or two points of INFLUENCE BONUS to AURA or SPIRIT to reflect Giantkin natural affinity to magic, Racial bonus for Bashing and CMAN Subdual Strike (after all we have easer time reaching opponents head!)
*Change Highth range
RACE HEIGHTS
RACE NORMAL HEIGHT RANGE MAXIMUM
Giantman 6' to 6.5' 7' Change this to 6'5" to 7.5' with max at 8' so we are truely the largest and tallest race and halflings and gnomes have to look up our kilts!
Erithian 5.5' to 6.5' 7'
Sylvankind/Elves/Dark Elves 5.5' to 6' 6.5'
Humans/Half-Elves/Aelotoi 5' to 6' 6.5'
Half-Krolvin 5' to 5.5' 6'
Dwarf 4' to 4.5' 4.75'
Forest Gnome 3.5' to 4' 4.25'
Halfling/Burghal Gnome 3' to 3.25' 3.5'

*Clan specific Ability bonuses. For example +1 trade and Crafting bonus for Issamir clan, Cold resistance for Wsalamir clan, CMAN bonus for T'Kirem clan, disarm trap bonus for Grishknel clan,some sort of extra magical bonus for Grot'karesh Clan, As wonders who tolerate almost everyone and are liked by almost everyone the Araime Clan and this could apply to Issamir clan too for other reasons should get better then average (for non citizens) treatment in all or most major cities. This would apply more to the Landing and Elvin Nations cities for Issamir. The Maeramil Wind Runner Clan should get automatic citizenship or dual citizenship in Rivers Rest. As for The Vaikalimara Clan I'll let the lady's in the clan and Scribes work on suggestions for that one.

These abilities could be tied to the Clan armbands and only be active when the armband is worn by a giantkin of that clan.

I would also suggest that a gientkin instead of just choosing a clan, be given the option at creation or anytime up to level 5 of choosing the clan he or she was born too (not necessarily the clan they will join.) but they are only honorary members with no speacial abilities. At level 5 Giantkin are given a chance to choose the Clan they wish to join and are given a clan initiate armband that only imparts the ability to locate the Giantkin village from anywhere in Elanthia. Over the next 4 trains they should visit the village at least ounce and hear the songs and stories, on their 10th train they have come of age and must undergo a clan initiation quest that's appropriate to the clan they are joining, fight a bear bear handed, survive the cold by traveling from mule to the landing wearing only a loin cloth etc. after completing the initiation test of the clan they wish to join they are given a clan armband. all clan armbands including hunt from history armbands will have the clan bonuses attached but only active to a clan member who has completed the initiation. Armbands will still be for sale in the village but only as a replacement if you loose the band to the clan your in.
Re: OOC Meeting Summary! (sorry this is a little long) 06/11/2015 02:55 PM CDT
Don't forget the high shelves that no one else can get to! Put them in shops so other races will need our help reaching an item!

:)
Re: OOC Meeting Summary! (sorry this is a little long) 06/11/2015 03:04 PM CDT
I really like the idea of cultural bonuses, and can quickly say, I have absolutely no control over such things. That's not to say I won't send off a letter to someone who might be and go, "Yo, so, is this even possible?" It's worth the effort, even if the answer is a negatory. It would definitely be cool for all races if cultural choices might imbue some kind of minor advantage. Shouldn't someone from Highmount have a +1 in climbing? What about a Illistim elf having a +1 in a lore type ability, etc...etc.

Citizenship status probably needs to be earned. Even citizens of Torre have to earn the right to be citizens of River's Rest. ;)

I shall make a note of these things! (And shelves)

GM Scribes
Re: OOC Meeting Summary! (sorry this is a little long) 06/11/2015 07:27 PM CDT
<<Citizenship status probably needs to be earned. Even citizens of Torre have to earn the right to be citizens of River's Rest. ;)>>
-GM Scribes

I'll give you that but some races and or groups one would expect to be looked on better or worse then others. Treatment ranging from outcast to most honored guest and then further edited up or down by the actions of the individual.
Re: OOC Meeting Summary! (sorry this is a little long) 06/11/2015 07:43 PM CDT
Scribes I sent you an email to address I know was good 5 years ago but? did you get message and attached document?
Re: OOC Meeting Summary! (sorry this is a little long) 06/12/2015 08:59 AM CDT
At the moment, race is the only restrictive factor for gaining citizenship (and only in EN). Tweaking the actual mechanics, tho', probably might cause a hassle I think.

GM Scribes
Re: OOC Meeting Summary! (sorry this is a little long) 06/12/2015 08:59 AM CDT
I did! Thanks!

GM Scribes