New Giantman Guru Needs Your Help! 04/28/2015 04:25 PM CDT
Howdy folks!

I'm pleased and proud to announce that I will be serving as the guru of the tall people, the high men, the giantmen, the GIANTKIN!

As such, I would love for all those who love the people of the clans to shoot me an email at my play.net (GS4-Scribes@play.net) with things you would love to see happen for giantkin. Please feel free to also post what you email me (I demand the email for record keeping purposes) so folks don't duplicate each other's request, and more importantly, perhaps we can generate a discussion that creates new ideas, desires, and wants, that might not have been apparent at the start.

Thanks! Bring it! :D

GM Scribes
Re: New Giantman Guru Needs Your Help! 04/29/2015 02:18 AM CDT
The things I'd like to see in order. Life growing up in each clan, power structure, rituals and ceremonies. It has been said else where and I'd echo it here, I want more official details to be able to have something to play to or against as the situation requires. One of the reasons why I haven't done a very in depth back story is because I don't want to have to rewrite things or sound like an idiot because one day official documents come out that say something different. I am not even looking for anything extravagant as far as back story goes, just mostly what a normal upbringing would be like. The only documents I have seen just paint a very vague outline.
Re: New Giantman Guru Needs Your Help! 04/29/2015 02:31 AM CDT
woot grats on the giantman gig! I would love to see some more official stuff put down on Urutei, all my logs from back then are gone I belive and my memory is not that great but I know we percieved our time with her to have opened the portal for the Aelotoi to escape their world. I never understand why it didn't really get more mentioned in any official capacity. Maybe those elves heard rumors but dismissed the idea a giantess could do such a thing. Some stuff for the arctic clan would be cool, of course that ties back into Urutei.

Also I know you aren't the rr guru anymore but seeing as you are the giants guru maybe you could do some more pushing to get her statue put back again?

Also I echo the sentiments on details for backstory purposes, my understanding of Urutei being of the arctic clan and fyre being told thats what the tribal markings were she marked him with are why I went arctic, but theres very little info on them. Fyre is kind of a different fellow so I don't worry too much about going against the mold. On the other hand theres not really a mold to go with or against.

also the ogre clan more intel please! This stuff should be right up your alley :-p

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: New Giantman Guru Needs Your Help! 04/29/2015 05:26 AM CDT
>but theres very little info on them.

That's the way the Wsalamir like it. No giving away tribe secrets to Polar Bear Clan wannabes.
Re: New Giantman Guru Needs Your Help! 04/29/2015 09:59 AM CDT
Thank you for the input everyone!

I currently don't have any plans to radically alter the Giantmen cultures and history, but definitely want to flesh those things out and provide more RP hooks for the players who love them.

Please keep it coming!

Any unresolved questions? Anything you always felt was left up in the air? Anything maddeningly vague?

GM Scribes
Re: New Giantman Guru Needs Your Help! 04/29/2015 11:11 AM CDT
Any unresolved questions? Anything you always felt was left up in the air? Anything maddeningly vague?
GM Scribes

Does this mean half-krolvin are going to get even less attention?

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Brinret says, "Bring it on."
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Brinret!
... 16428101 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Brinret to a smoldering pile of ash!
Re: New Giantman Guru Needs Your Help! 04/29/2015 02:18 PM CDT
I haven't been the HK guru for a while now, but Xayle is good stuffs. The HKs are in good shape. :D

As is, giantmen are basically bald HKs.

GM Scribes
Re: New Giantman Guru Needs Your Help! 04/29/2015 03:10 PM CDT
hk's wish they were giants!

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: New Giantman Guru Needs Your Help! 04/29/2015 04:14 PM CDT
>>As is, giantmen are basically bald HKs.

Not all giantmen are bald. Just some of us!
Re: New Giantman Guru Needs Your Help! 04/29/2015 05:21 PM CDT
As is, giantmen are basically bald HKs.>

That's it, we need a new Guru! You're outta here!!

Or, maybe you meant HK are basically uglier, weaker, smaller giantmen?
Re: New Giantman Guru Needs Your Help! 04/29/2015 05:56 PM CDT
Xayle is still around?

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Brinret says, "Bring it on."
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Brinret!
... 16428101 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Brinret to a smoldering pile of ash!
Re: New Giantman Guru Needs Your Help! 04/30/2015 03:50 AM CDT
>Xayle is still around?

She's the RR guru, so she better be!

From a strictly observational stand-point, Xayle seems to be involved with education (or mimics the schedule of such a person); whether a student or a teacher I don't know the details. Suffice to say, I see her most active around winter and summer breaks, and a bit mid-semester for the most part.

That's not even hearsay, just my own thoughts. Since the summer time looms, I predict you'll be seeing a lot more of her in the coming months. Could be I made all that up, though.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog
Re: New Giantman Guru Needs Your Help! 04/30/2015 08:43 AM CDT
<<That's it, we need a new Guru! You're outta here!!

BUT I WAS GOING INTO TOSCHE STATION FOR SOME POWER CONVERTERS!

GM Scribes