Dragging? 06/14/2013 12:11 PM CDT
Why can't giants pick up a body and carry it over rocks or what have you?

I can pick up 2 glaes clubs at 90lbs a piece without issue, why can't I pick up a the dead body of a forest gnome that weights in at a buck and a quarter.

I never understood why this isn't possible, very annoying sometimes.
Re: Dragging? 06/14/2013 12:33 PM CDT
Mechanically it would be extremely hard to do, from what I understand. The drag mechanics are pretty old and engrossed in the system. Also, if you were to actually pick someone up to carry them you'd be picking up the character and all their attached inventory. Which in essence would be akin to picking up a box with up to 500 items within it. You could end up over the safe number of items you can carry on your character and risk corruption of that character, which can cause major issues.

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Dragging? 06/14/2013 12:54 PM CDT
It'd be funny to see Giantmen (or anyone over a certain Strength/Con check) pick up and throw a character over an obstacle, or better yet soccer style kick them. That should be relatively doable with GS mechanics.
Re: Dragging? 06/14/2013 01:28 PM CDT
<<It'd be funny to see Giantmen (or anyone over a certain Strength/Con check) pick up and throw a character over an obstacle, or better yet soccer style kick them. That should be relatively doable with GS mechanics.

We could just change Groinkick to punt the person into the next room with a high enough endroll! j/k

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Dragging? 06/14/2013 01:52 PM CDT
>>We could just change Groinkick to punt the person into the next room with a high enough endroll! j/k

Too funny, or .... make a new PUNT command thats specific to giants only and operates only on dead characters that have their group open ...

sheesh, some characters might even die more often just to get punted ...

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Dragging? 06/14/2013 03:02 PM CDT

My warrior trains in Staggering blow...everytime I have to rescue someone in Solhaven and can't get past that darned tree between foggy valley and thunder trolls I want to send them flying into the next room!
Re: Dragging? 06/14/2013 08:21 PM CDT
One of my personal favorites of Gemstone is when ice trolls freeze your dead body in ice and ride you around like a sled.

-Marstreforn-
Icemule Trace Guru
Halfling Guru
Re: Dragging? 06/14/2013 09:05 PM CDT
>>One of my personal favorites of Gemstone is when ice trolls freeze your dead body in ice and ride you around like a sled. -- Marstreforn

I still remember the first time that ever happened to me! I think that may have been the event that sold me on the game, although I can't be certain of anything that happened that long ago... In any event, it is also one of my favorite things in Gemstone.

~ 18th Annual House of the Argent Aspis Bardfest ~
~ Grand Prize - 10 million silver ~
~ 7/16 - 7/17, Finals 7/22/12 ~
~ Bardfest is not limited to bards! Come share your art! ~
~ Register Here: http://goo.gl/jF72G ~
Re: Dragging? 06/15/2013 02:51 AM CDT
Ha, I remember that too!