Purchasing items for Citizenship 05/13/2014 10:13 PM CDT
I don't suppose someone could add a trash bin to each shop so that the counters don't fill up with junky stuff that people purchase for citizenship? Or better yet, a donation bin so that all of the daggers and pouches can be picked up by those in need? I think that those going for citizenship believe that those people who need items will grab them off the counter, but look at the counter in cleric's shop in the Landing. It is nuts.

In a perfect world, it would be far better to have all those items be sellable or specifically donated to a local agency so that the idea of gaining citizenship is preserved. I imagine that the items are not sell-able because that would be two transactions and that would speed up the process for the purchaser.

Magarven the Mad
Re: Purchasing items for Citizenship 05/13/2014 10:31 PM CDT
Perhaps people don't know that most things can be resold to the pawnshop.

Their loss really.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Purchasing items for Citizenship 05/14/2014 11:22 AM CDT
I never understood the need to blast through getting citizenship. Just normal playing I get it around 10 trains without the need to dedicate myself.
Re: Purchasing items for Citizenship 05/14/2014 02:55 PM CDT
>>I never understood the need to blast through getting citizenship. Just normal playing I get it around 10 trains without the need to dedicate myself.<<

I seriously doubt that most people are buying all that stuff for Citizenship; it's the various shop's backroom access they want. My rogues and warriors love pure potions, for example, but you need backroom access to the cleric shop in order to be able to buy them. So, they each bought bunches of ritual daggers. You need backroom access in various other shops to be able to buy full plate armor, enchanted hand and footwraps, etc.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Purchasing items for Citizenship 05/15/2014 05:58 AM CDT
Yeah, when I was visiting the Landing a while back, I ended up buying 100 arrows one by one at the fletcher's to get backroom access because I wanted to make some faewood arrows. I ended up stashing them in a bundle somewhere in case anyone wanted some free arrows.
Re: Purchasing items for Citizenship 05/15/2014 02:11 PM CDT
Ah! Is that what it is... back room access?

Magarven the Mad
Re: Purchasing items for Citizenship 05/15/2014 05:25 PM CDT
>>Ah! Is that what it is... back room access?<<

Indeed; the merchant apparently cares far more for how many items you buy, rather than how much you spend. So, most folks buy dozens of the cheapest item sold, and then toss them. You can stop every now and then to check your progress; you can judge how close you are by how warmly he greets you. And yes, the shops could benefit from trash bins, maybe with an associated mechanism like at the Voln courtyard which stops you from just dropping stuff on the ground. Probably not a programming priority, however.

I must confess to adding to the clutter in the shops years ago, when I was first starting out; I assumed that the janitor, who is so fast to grab items on the ground, would clean that shop mess up also. Alas, apparently in town he is a lot lazier than in a hunting ground.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Purchasing items for Citizenship 05/16/2014 06:43 PM CDT
I find the mess in the cleric shop to be the most annoying. I keep clearing the counter off when my head is full. I suspect that exp for throwing stuff away is capped for x points per pulse or something like that. I see that I get a few points when my head is clear, but after that, you either don't gain exp or it is too small to see.

Magarven the Mad