Help please? Full neighborhood 09/30/2017 08:14 AM CDT
Hi, I asked a question on the 21st in the Homes folder and have not gotten a response and have also checked in game but the issue remains unresolved. Hopefully this folder is watched more closely. Can a GM please help with this issue?

Original post: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Four%20Winds%20Hall%60Premium/Homes/view/269

>Subject: Full neighborhood - Highpark Estates, Ta'Illistim

>Hello, any chance a GM could clear up some houses in Ta'Illistim's Highpark Estates--specifically the room below? I would like to purchase a home in the below room but it says none are available. Thank you!

>[Highpark, Ridge Ramble]
>The Ramble threads between low stone walls holding the prolific blooms of garden beds at bay. Clouds of butterflies float over the flowers and squirrels scamper in leaps between the trunks of ornamental trees. The lane travels steadily upward to the north, skirting the base of a landscaped hill dotted with statuary and graceful homes. You also see a plain chalet and a plain chateau.
>Obvious paths: north, southwest
Re: Help please? Full neighborhood 10/03/2017 11:27 AM CDT
Hello, any update on this please?
Re: Help please? Full neighborhood 10/03/2017 06:52 PM CDT
It doesn't appear that there are any abandoned homes in the area you've identified to be cleared out.

I'm not familiar with the neighborhood in question but based on the name I would guess it is intended to be sparsely populated in order to make room for... the estates.

I'm not a NIR or anything but that is my 2 silvers worth.

-- Robert

Liia announces, "Funnel cakes will now be delivered door to door in your neighborhood!"
Re: Help please? Full neighborhood 10/04/2017 12:13 AM CDT
Premium Homes are a largely unmaintained legacy system at this point. I don't have anyone code-cleared to take on the system or do much of anything with it right now. It has killed multiple GMs in the past so I'm not going to force that on anyone.

There is no automatic eviction set up like player shops have. From what I've seen in my cursory examination of the system, it would require someone with a decent working knowledge of the home system to go through each room in each neighborhood and manually check each home against the account's status. The system was built well before we could do decent automation like we can now.

ASGM
Re: Help please? Full neighborhood 10/04/2017 06:37 AM CDT
>It doesn't appear that there are any abandoned homes in the area you've identified to be cleared out.

Abandoned homes go invisible after a while, but they still block new ones from bring built (They sometimes reappear too, there's one in my neighbourhood thats continually cycling, it spends a while at normal status, then its visibly abandoned, then its invisible, then it reappears and the cycle repeats)
Re: Help please? Full neighborhood 10/04/2017 09:13 AM CDT
Thank you for the information. So even if a room has 1-2 houses, it might have abandoned-yet-unavailable homes in it. I think Tyramia Hollow has the same problem unfortunately. What I gather is the entire neighborhood is a dead zone and there is no way to obtain a home in all of Ta'Illistim. Can nothing be done?

Could a potential solution simply be to add a new room to the neighborhood and set it to allow houses? Then we wouldn't have to worry about evictions. Just a thought. :)
Re: Help please? Full neighborhood 10/04/2017 02:47 PM CDT
There is a nice neighborhood just outside the Sapphire Gates, did you check there for availability, too?

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
TownCrier News Dailies via Email: http://bit.ly/2ivAJfw
Re: Help please? Full neighborhood 10/04/2017 03:34 PM CDT
I ran into the same problem in Tyramia Hollow (that one showed even more full homes!) though I truthfully only want a house within city limits as a full TI citizen. The entire Premium Home system over here is effectively dead if there's no way to obtain property. They should probably be removed from the list of Premium benefits if the code can't be maintained anymore. Hopefully adding a new room, as I suggested earlier, is a feasible solution though. I look forward to a response from the GMs on that suggestion.
Re: Help please? Full neighborhood 10/04/2017 06:27 PM CDT
I swear sometime in the last year someone had this exact problem in Ta'Illistim and posted a heads up here ... and a couple empty homes sprouted.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
TownCrier News Dailies via Email: http://bit.ly/2ivAJfw
Re: Help please? Full neighborhood 10/04/2017 08:36 PM CDT
New premium contest idea: design a neighborhood room. Then all the winners get added with new available homes. Everyone wins! (especially the winners)

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.
Re: Help please? Full neighborhood 10/09/2017 06:08 PM CDT
> New premium contest idea: design a neighborhood room. Then all the winners get added with new available homes. Everyone wins! (especially the winners)

I'm happy to do so if that's what it takes to get a house. The only reason I upgraded to Premium was to get a house in Ta'Illistim. I'm pretty disappointed that there still aren't any available here.