Request - Sweat Shop in Mist Harbor 05/17/2017 10:30 AM CDT

Since it can't happen if you don't ask... I'd like to request that one of the various Sweat Shops (I believe one has been at EG and one is on the Spitfire) be considered for inclusion on Mist Harbor. I realize that this could potentially reduce the value of those events, but I'm also comfortable saying those events really are more about the services and unique, intricate items, over automated shops to produce the last, generic thing I need to complete an outfit or look.

It just bugs me that such a powerful and flexible code base only comes on by once in a blue moon, and it's very difficult to "stock up" on flexibility.

(Deleted and Re-posted for clarity)
Re: Request - Sweat Shop in Mist Harbor 05/17/2017 05:19 PM CDT
That would be wonderful!

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.
Re: Request - Sweat Shop in Mist Harbor 05/17/2017 09:05 PM CDT
Pardon my ignorance - What does the sweat shop offer?
Re: Request - Sweat Shop in Mist Harbor 05/17/2017 09:11 PM CDT

It basically was a pretty involved scripted shop to allow you to create a wide variety of cookie-cutter items. Moreso than your normal shops, it had various materials, patterns, etc. It didn't make things super fancy with embellishments and the like, or allow you to have highly scripted items, but it was able to produce straightforward items with a great deal of flexibility.
Re: Request - Sweat Shop in Mist Harbor 05/17/2017 09:21 PM CDT
Big long lists of 15, 15, and 15. Choose one each from ColumnA, ColumnB, and ColumnC.
Re: Request - Sweat Shop in Mist Harbor 05/18/2017 04:08 PM CDT
Thanks! I'd make use of one of these as well.
Re: Request - Sweat Shop in Mist Harbor 07/02/2017 01:41 PM CDT
Hey guys! While we aren't able to make a sweat shop a permanent area in Mist Harbor, we'll try to get it around for festivals and things when we can. It'll be making an appearance this year at the Midsummer Night's Festival, so enjoy all the 15/15/15 craziness!

~~GM Kynlee~~
Elanthian Architect
Breaker of Things
GS4-Kynlee@play.net
3/50
Re: Request - Sweat Shop in Mist Harbor 07/02/2017 03:00 PM CDT
Why is it called a sweat shop?

.. inquiring minds and all.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Re: Request - Sweat Shop in Mist Harbor 07/02/2017 03:18 PM CDT

>Why is it called a sweat shop?

because that's what it is

[Thimbel's Sweatshops, Cloaks]
A horde of kobolds fills this humid cabin. Seated at long tables, their mass moves ceaselessly, some of them stitching lengths of cloth, others trimming excess fabric from nearly finished garments. From time to time, one of them will summon a burly-looking halfling merchant to carry a heap of clothing through a canvas flap to the east. Candles flicker from iron sconces on the walls, chasing the shadows away to the corners of the room. You also see several very important signs and a silver-banded golden oak door.
Obvious exits: north, northeast, southeast, south, southwest, northwest
Re: Request - Sweat Shop in Mist Harbor 07/02/2017 03:27 PM CDT
awesome, thank you!