BOOST of the Gods/Oleani 05/16/2018 07:23 PM CDT

So, I was going to switch a couple skills around, but needed to be sure I understood whether the 60 points mentioned at the wiki was a combination of the training points you were removing and adding, or what.

>Gift of Oleani removes up to 60 converted training points from a character's 30-day skill migration period.

It goes on to say best to use them immediately and not wait, since the gift would kinda be wasted, etc.

To my surprise, people answered that using this boost does not remove 60 the converted points ... it merely makes then all the same speed to convert as the first/fastest speed.

Could we please get a GM to clarify this, and then maybe correct the info that is at the wiki with the clarification, please?

I held off doing it until I can understand if removing 60 points from converted points is actually happening or not.

Thank you!

~L.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: BOOST of the Gods/Oleani 05/16/2018 07:31 PM CDT
You're currently migrating at a rate of .002 skill points per pulse, and have converted 79.572 training points this migration period.

>Gifts of the Gods
You must choose a Gift of Lumnis, Oleani, Eonak, or Lorminstra.
>Oleani
[Your 30-day skill migration pool has been reduced by up to 60 converted Training Points.]

You're currently migrating at a rate of .010 skill points per pulse, and have converted 19.580 training points this migration period.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: BOOST of the Gods/Oleani 05/16/2018 07:53 PM CDT
Hmmm. So I'm still confused by that. THANK YOU for using up your boost and sharing the results!!

So it both instantly removed the 60 points AND increased your speed of ... converting?

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"

Re: BOOST of the Gods/Oleani 05/16/2018 08:03 PM CDT
They aren't independent which is where you may be getting confused. The amount of points you have migrated determines your migration speed.

Once you hit 60 points migrated, your speed decreases. It decreases again at 80+ points migrated.

How many ranks you unlearn from a skill or multiple skills does not affect your speed. Only the TPs you have unlearned from those skills or skill. The rate is always constant regardless until you hit that 60 point threshold and then it slows down.

The only reason my speed increased, is because I moved back into the 0-60 migration point range. It did not increase because of the Boost. The boost just removes 60 points. If I had been at 121 pts migrated, my speed would not have been bumped back up to .10.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: BOOST of the Gods/Oleani 05/16/2018 08:17 PM CDT
But it still looks to me as if you had 60 points ... subtracted/converted/absorbed or something!

---
;tune towncrier

Re: BOOST of the Gods/Oleani 05/16/2018 08:54 PM CDT

All it really does is puts you back into the normal 'fastest' absorb rate that you get for the first 60 tps converted anyways.. its more for use when you have more then 60 to convert and don't want to wait a month to speed back up.
It doesn't allow you to instant migrate anything or ever get faster then the first 60pt speed they give you to start with every month.

Hope this helps, I made the same mistake though i didn't wait to confirm. Found out the hard way!
Re: BOOST of the Gods/Oleani 05/17/2018 05:12 AM CDT
The time to use it is when you have exactly 60 points migrated, a bunch still to migrate, aren't near the end of a migration month, and aren't going to level up in the near future (or would still have a bunch despite the level up).