Help with starting out. 02/10/2017 05:40 PM CST

Heard about the game from Tolarian Community College's video on Youtube and I wanted to try it out. For whatever reason I'm having the hardest time figuring out the commands, mainly communication with NPCs and players. A mentor tried there best to help me but I still got confused when I tried to do things. During the tutorial quest the wild-eyed woman looking for the emancipated man asks me if I seen him. When she mention Luukos I'm able to ask the sprite about him and I do so, then for whatever reason I can't answer her question. Either it broke or I just have no idea how to say yes or no to the NPC. Not sure if I need to report it as a bug or find help figuring it out.
Re: Help with starting out. 02/10/2017 06:18 PM CST
Welcome!
I'm not sure what the mentors have tried, but I believe you can just SAY Yes or SAY no. You can alternatively use ' to speak. 'yes 'no may work.
Some NPCs require you to ANSWER yes or ANSWER no, but I don't think that starting NPC does.
Re: Help with starting out. 02/10/2017 07:25 PM CST
If you're in COMMAND mode, then you answer the woman by typing YES or NO into the command entry line at the bottom of the screen.

If you're in CHAT mode, then you answer the woman by typing SAY YES or SAY NO (or you can type an apostrophe to mean "say", and just type: 'yes or 'no.

Welcome to Elanthia! If you're still having trouble, post here and I'll see about getting you some additional assistance.

~ Haliste ~
The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
ASGM, Events
Re: Help with starting out. 02/11/2017 04:19 PM CST
You can tell if you are in "COMMAND" or "CHAT" mode by looking at the lower left corner, right before your input line. The chat bubble means chat mode (It defaults to this, it drove me CRAZY before I figured that out) and there's some other symbol for command mode, so sorry, don't remember what it is.

click on that chat bubble icon to get into command mode. The sprite may or may not teach that, I was pretty overwhelmed with it all to remember when I was learning.

Can't wait to meet you!

Luxelle's player

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)
Re: Help with starting out. 02/12/2017 07:55 AM CST
>don't remember what it is.

It's a ">".

~ Haliste ~
ASGM, Events

Omrii: Okay, thanks Haliste. You're way better than Wyrom.
Re: Help with starting out. 02/12/2017 09:08 AM CST
Does anyone actually use chat mode? There are so many RP commands that aren't SAY that it seems pretty pointless to me as well as making it hard for those that are dropped into it on first meeting the game.
Re: Help with starting out. 02/12/2017 01:15 PM CST
>> Omrii: Okay, thanks Haliste. You're way better than Wyrom.

I'm going to regret this...
Re: Help with starting out. 02/12/2017 02:03 PM CST
>I'm going to regret this...

Haha. It was great!

~ Haliste ~
ASGM, Events

Omrii: Okay, thanks Haliste. You're way better than Wyrom.