Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/29/2016 08:14 PM CDT
20 back to back attempts from when I started counting. All identical. Is this a bug or a joke? I realize he says he can not guarantee a NEW task, but this is unreal. And it's always seemed the case. Can you fix these or stop selling them please?
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/29/2016 08:16 PM CDT
Sounds like a real problem. Did you also ASSIST in game and BUG in game? Not required per se, but helpful to those sorting out the problems.

Doug
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/29/2016 08:42 PM CDT

Had a GM come and ASSURE me they are random. I did another 10. He assured me random, I did another 30, (so we are at 60 repeat turn ins) and he tells me he believes me, but also that it IS random, but if its NOT random that would be evidence to it NOT being random. is this real life?
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/29/2016 08:43 PM CDT
Sorry, not a GM, I spoke with a Game Host. Been referred to a GM currently.
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/29/2016 08:53 PM CDT
You are in a good place, then. I would expect after that experience that there will be a short 'dark' period as the GM ( and possibly other GMs) engage to sort through this. Hang in there, and I am sure it will get sorted.

Doug
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/29/2016 09:28 PM CDT

GameHost asks, "What are the different tasks you normally get for tackle. Tackle creatures, tackle people, etc?"
You say, "Creature, masters, partner, partner return, chores."
GameHost asks, "And you got 30 tackle creature tasks in a row?"
You say, "Yup."
You say, "'here, I can quantify better."
GameHost says, "Ok."
You say, "I started with 140 vouchers and I am now at 110."
You say, "All have bee for tackle in this sitting."
You say, "I mean, I am down to keep going if you like, I am just kindof bummed as I payed for a lot of these vouchers that it turns out have just been a waste. Not only the 30 just now, but so many over time."
GameHost says, "You don't need to keep going for me."
GameHost says, "All I can say is that the system is random. It certainly doesn't appear to be in this case, but it is."
GameHost says, "If you doubt that, and you clearly do, the best option at this point is to do what you've already mentioned and post to the warrior folder."
You say, "I mean."
You say, "It's not."
You say, "It's clearly not."
You say, "I could crunch numbers for the odds on 30 in a row, and it would be insane."
GameHost says, "I hear you, 30 tasks in a row is statistically .. insane, right."
You say, "Well and it;s usually the case."
You say, "People who use vouchers tend to get repeats for at least a few times."
You say, "Always."

*me fast tracking 30 additonal voucher attempts*

You say, "I am now at 60."
GameHost says, "Yeah, no, I believed you before."
You say, "Frown."
You say, "You told me it was random despite not seeming so."
You say, "Perhaps I misunderstood."
GameHost says, "The system is random."
GameHost says, "But based on the 30 you had there, it certainly doesn't look random.. and the 60 even more so."
GameHost says, "Which is indicative that there is an issue somewhere along the line."
You say, "I'm sorry. I do not understand how you can both be assuring me that it is random, and believing me that is is absolutly NOT random."
GameHost says, "The system is random, but you're displaying evidence that it is not. Which indicates that there is an issue with either the vouchers or the system or, unlikely, but possible, it's just that horrible of luck."
GameHost says, "Not quite sure how else to explain that bit."
GameHost says, "Here is what can be done. You can post the issue to the warrior folder so a GM can look into it. You can BUG the room here as another route to get a GM to look at it."
You say, "It's just upsetting that all the people that have been told "its just bad luck" were misinformed."
GameHost says, "You could additionally request a referral."
You say, "And it's upsetting that all these vouchers were wasted. And it is upsetting that you required (yes required) me to demonstrate and waste another 30 just to stop the "must be bad luck" line."
You say, "Yes. Refer me to a GM please."
GameHost says, "I didn't require you to do any of that, I said it looked insane after the initial 30."
You say, "Just refer me please."
GameHost says, "Will do. Give me a minute to set that up."
You say, "Thank you."
GameHost says, "You are in the queue to speak with a GM. You can see if one is on duty to answer by typing WHO. If you log out, you will be added to the queue again when you log back in."
You say, "And as to the vouchers. I told you there was a problem, you ASSURED me it WAS random, depsite what I told you. It wasn't enough to be considered a problem."
You say, "It took me 60 vouchers for you to say, oh hey, maybe he is right."
GameHost says, "I did, yes, because the system is random."
You say, "But its not."
You say, "You can not say its random."
You say, "Then admit its not random."
You say, "That is lying to me."
GameHost says, "The system is random, but if it's broken, then it's not random."
You exclaim, "Just keep using the vouchers, they be fine!"
You say, "OK. thank you for your time. I don't think i need anything else at this juncture."
GameHost says, "At any rate, hopefully a GM will have better answers for you."
GameHost says, "I hope the rest of your evening is more fruitful."

end discussion

GameHost says, "The system is random, but if it's broken, then it's not random."

Almost as if that was what I was assisting about! Gasp!
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/29/2016 09:58 PM CDT
GM came by, was very helpful and very friendly, dove right into the problem instead of trying to convince me I was confused about the problem. Said they would need to look into things and try to find some details and see if a refund or anything was warranted. If I could just get some actually use out of my remaining waivers I would be happy.

Current working theory is there is some hitch in guild task order, so if I just did chore X, my next chore will be Y (think returns normally follow partner reps). but I trade in Y for a new task. When deciding what task to give me it looks at my previous task and says "Oh, he just did X, so now he is up for Y". This is all speculation but you can see how that would cause constant repeats. It is also possible that guild night caused/exacerbated it.

Still recommend AGAINST using class guild vouchers at this point, and certainly not more than 1 or 2 at a time. Random luck says things will get better, but my reality proved otherwise. Doesn't mean you CAN'T successfully use a waiver to change tasks, but there are some shadowy pitfalls one may inadvertently find themselves in.
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/29/2016 10:10 PM CDT
>>GameHost says, "The system is random, but if it's broken, then it's not random."

It can be really hard to be the first person to respond to an issue - the Game Host doesn't have anything to go on beyond what the system should do. Not even tools to look behind the scenes like a GM, if I understand how the effort is structured. Each GH and referring GM deals with complaints all the time - but it doesn't really get easier.

I feel your pain, though - and am happy that it is getting looked into.

>>Still recommend AGAINST using class guild vouchers at this point

Very solid advice. Hopefully we'll get an "all clear" from the GM team, and a "yippee, frustrating but worked out in the end" from you, and very shortly.

Doug
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/29/2016 11:01 PM CDT
I will be pleased when it gets resolved, but the lost time, wasted guild night, and however many previous vouchers used (by me and the population) I am already accepting as a loss.

I understand it is difficult, especially when you have limited access to behind the scenes. That being said, the gamehost should NOT have told me "it is random" because not only do they have no basis to make that claim, but also it has probably stopped a LOT of people from bug reporting this problem sooner. A proper response would have been "Well, it is SUPPOSED to be random, but those numbers are odd, let me refer you to a GM who can better handle that" but instead I had to argue for a while that a problem even existed. Had I accepted what the host told me IS the case, this issue would still be going on unnoticed. It made me feel that the goal was not to get to a solution, but just get to the end of the conversation as fast as possible.

If there are 4 tasks, Partner reps, returns, chores, and critters, then a random chance is only 25% that I would get critters, so to compare number...

the chance to get same task 30 times in a row=0.00000000000000000867362%
the chance to get same task 60 times in a row=0.000000000000000000000000000000000000188079%
The chance that a single ticket wins powerball=0.000000005714286%

And this why it is so frustrating to hear "bad luck" or have to argue that there is something broken.
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/29/2016 11:37 PM CDT
In the Rogue guild SWEEP works a bit differently than the other abilities in that the training always goes in a fixed order: Sweep others, get swept yourself, train with the masters, train with the dummies, sweep the courtyard, sweep creatures, back to sweeping others.

Because of this, task trade-ins don't work for Sweep. You'll always get the next task in the fixed sequence until you complete it.

Is Tackle in the warrior guild the same way?

Fyonn's player
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/30/2016 12:03 AM CDT

very well could be. I have only just started getting into tackle. I would still contend that they are "broken". If for some crazy reason, sweep and tackle tasks aren't eligible for a waiver, then you shouldn't be able to burn one (or 60) on it. If there are certain tasks that are known linear progressions, that just makes the claim for "they are all just random" even worse.

I figure most people didn't actually buy these, but instead earned them from login and the dig, but it's still disappointing.
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/30/2016 01:09 AM CDT
>Is Tackle in the warrior guild the same way?

Pretty sure that Disarm Weapon, Tackle, and War Cries are all like this. 50% of the guild skills for warriors if so.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "You will now be known as Blade Durakar, the Palestra."
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/30/2016 01:48 AM CDT

I have traded in a bunch of warcries tonight. I went from critters and almost always got get someone to teach you warcries. every now and then it would be masters. so Warcries is working
as intednded maybe.
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/30/2016 10:31 AM CDT
>Pretty sure that Disarm Weapon, Tackle, and War Cries are all like this. 50% of the guild skills for warriors if so.

I can't speak to the others, but Disarm while disarm has a pattern, it doesn't follow it strictly. It can give you multiple rounds of partner reps, and trading definitely does work.

The guilds have some obviously fixed assignments, like when the masters have to teach you a new task. It wouldn't surprise me if there were occasionally fixed assignments for non-masters tasks as well.
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/30/2016 03:36 PM CDT
>very well could be. I have only just started getting into tackle. I would still contend that they are "broken". If for some crazy reason, sweep and tackle tasks aren't eligible for a waiver, then you shouldn't be able to burn one (or 60) on it. If there are certain tasks that are known linear progressions, that just makes the claim for "they are all just random" even worse.

I am pretty certain that tackle follows a specific task order, no randomness to the task assigned. Disarm does as well, but like PFLATS said those can sometimes give repeated back to back partner reps.

Those waivers wouldn't work well with those tasks, as they just give you another chance at a random task assignment. Since those guild skill tasks are not randomly assigned you will always get the next task in order.

Now a request for the waivers to skip the next assigned task might not be out of line here, but that would be an exception. This is just my opinion though, and I can try to shed some light on it to see if it is something we ought to do. There might be a legitimate reason for them not to work the way you like.

~Contemplar~
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/30/2016 03:44 PM CDT

>Those waivers wouldn't work well with those tasks, as they just give you another chance at a random task assignment. Since those guild skill tasks are not randomly assigned you will always get the next task in order.

Maybe provide a list of all of those tasks that the waivers won't work for so there will be less waste.
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/30/2016 03:47 PM CDT
>Maybe provide a list of all of those tasks that the waivers won't work for so there will be less waste.

Or, better yet, flag the tasks that they don't work for so the voucher won't be used up on it even by accident.

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "You will now be known as Blade Durakar, the Palestra."
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 06/30/2016 06:29 PM CDT
>> >Maybe provide a list of all of those tasks that the waivers won't work for so there will be less waste.

>> Or, better yet, flag the tasks that they don't work for so the voucher won't be used up on it even by accident.

This.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 07/04/2016 05:18 AM CDT

Tackle MAY follow some specific order, but that doesn't explain why I'm having no problem dumping all my partner reps (now that it's not guild night and I am alone) for new reps almost 100% of the time. Beyond the fact that these "boosts" !ARE! broken/not working/kinda grimey, there is all the extra guild reps people had to do when they got caught in a trade in loop. I know I have many of those, where again I was promised random luck but it's anything but.
Re: Guild Vouchers are Bogus 07/05/2016 06:27 AM CDT
>Now a request for the waivers to skip the next assigned task might not be out of line here, but that would be an exception.

Waivers should always skip to the next task. It might happen to be the same task because the rules for the way that skill assigns tasks include repeats, but they should always skip.

If there's a reason for not skipping, waivers shouldn't be accepted for that task and that would be the exception.