Giftbox 11/28/2010 12:01 PM CST
I have 3 on one character if that helps?
Re: Giftbox 11/30/2010 04:50 PM CST
Wait what, we're being offerred a third giftbox and it's a vest w/+5 to DE? When does this end and is it all types of accounts, except free trials of course, I mean premium and regular types?

~Lori aka Horsefreak (One of the Many)
Re: Giftbox 11/30/2010 05:00 PM CST
Ne'ermind, I just saw the announcement in the folder above. The answer is yes!

Woot for redheaded vixens!

Like most of you probably, up until this moment, I had no idea who Felicia Day was, nor have I heard about, The Guild. But I did know about the Tweets that Simu and players were putting out. No I don't tweet. I don't like even typing tweet, kinda like I don't like typing google. ;-) But I will say this, I understand the point of the tweet. So congrats on the success of it.

Do I hear the sound of new players boots echoing in the catacombs waving cheese in their hands while erradicating our rat infestation?

~Lori aka Horsefreak (One of the Many)
Giftbox vest 02/21/2011 08:50 PM CST
I just came back to Gemstone IV less than a month & I just realise I've got this vest that adds to my dex through the giftbox verb.
Can I check if the +5 to my dex will runs out over time? How long they usually last? I tried searching the entire forum & can't find anything relating to the time usage of this item. Can someone aid me?

Chzin
Player behind:
Tchzin, Orihsenehii(retired) & Heneshiro(retired)
Re: Giftbox vest 02/21/2011 09:02 PM CST
It is an enhancive item. It cannot be recharged, so I would suggest removing it whenever you don't plan on hunting or picking take it off. How long it last will depend on how much you play. For a hardcore player 6 months to a year if you're lucky.
Re: Giftbox vest 02/21/2011 09:45 PM CST
Mine has been empty for around three weeks.
Re: Giftbox vest 02/22/2011 12:30 AM CST
thank you for the info :)

Chzin
Player behind:
Tchzin, Orihsenehii(retired) & Heneshiro(retired)
Re: Giftbox vest 02/24/2011 06:49 PM CST
Not entirely correct.

The GIFTBOX dex enhancive (mine is no longer a vest, I got it altered, because blech, amirite?) can NOT be recharged by the Adventurer's Guild.

It can however be recharged by the right merchant. I had mine recharged (for about 225k) at the CHE festival. SO, don't throw them down the well when they are done, because you can get it recharged if you are diligent.

*Mohrgan proudly displays his fashionable obsidian and silver shoulder sash*
Re: Giftbox vest 02/24/2011 07:37 PM CST
It is nice to know that GM merchants can charge them. For a while, GMs weren't running enhancive merchants and claimed it was the perview of the Adventurer's Guild. I am very glad this has changed.
Re: Giftbox vest 02/24/2011 08:46 PM CST
I believe I've heard some banter in the form of requests for enhancive recharging at the upcoming Spitfire so, I would guess it is not beyond the realm of possibility that an opportunity to recharge items such as the Giftbox Dex vest may arise this Spring on the big boat.

The trick will be finding my way through the decks with all the hallucinatory old Spitfire rum I plan to drink, and the mind banshees that will be chasing me up and down the corridors.

*Mohrgan loves that old spitfire rum*
Re: Giftbox vest 02/24/2011 09:19 PM CST
>The trick will be finding my way through the decks with all the hallucinatory old Spitfire rum I plan to drink, and the mind banshees that will be chasing me up and down the corridors.

You're an odd man, Ace.
Re: Giftbox vest 02/24/2011 09:50 PM CST
What!? The rum casts Nightmare! There really will be mind banshees!

;D

*Mohrgan grins cheerfully
Re: Giftbox vest 02/24/2011 09:53 PM CST
Also, I haven't thought about that movie in like twenty years.

http://www.rpmswavs.com/aceventurapd/gum.wav

*Mohrgan inexplicably refuses to lend you a piece of gum*
Re: Giftbox vest 08/25/2011 06:43 PM CDT

Just saw this post now; I have had my gifbox items worn forever. I am almost sure I charged them back up at the AG. are you sure about that?
Re: Giftbox vest 08/26/2011 11:29 AM CDT
The initial giftbox items can be recharged at the Adventurers' Guild.

The recently released vests, however, cannot.

Doug