Aethor's Mule Race 12/13/2015 07:11 PM CST

F Shop Consortium is sponsoring the race
Friday December 18th at 7pm Elven

rules are
No stunning ales, or wizards(no haste) and rogues (no stun maneuvers)
no containers, beyond a simple cloak, no pocketed items, hats, boots, sheath's, pants, shirts, neck pouches, gloves
no weapons, no shields
no smooth columnar violet amethysts allowed!
no armor
start at Night Owl Pub in IMT, drink 1 beer
run to Solhaven eat 1 pieces of candy ,
run to Wehnimer's Landing, drink 1 milk
run to zul'Logoth and eat 2 sandwiches,
run to illistim and drink 2 wines
then show up to table in Ta'Vaalor at the local inn with salt to win 5 million silvers
upon verification that you completed each task in front of the enforcer at each location, winner will be paid in full

player of Aethor, Giantman Cleric, Player of Teclys Avellorian Dark Elf Sorcerer
player of Aethor, Giantman Cleric, Player of Teclys Avellorian Dark Elf Sorcerer
Re: Aethor's Mule Race 12/16/2015 05:40 AM CST
Planar Shift -> Win

Guess you have an idea for that to be on the list?

I can't really follow what the containers have to do with it. The required number of items to consume appears to be small. Being a mule race sounds like one might be required to carry a lot, but it looks like 8 small items at most.

I also don't really follow the "No stunning ales." If one is racing, it's unclear to me what advantage could be gained by stunning yourself on purpose.

How about Water Walking or Ice Patch. This can shave a bit off time from the Viper Shroud for example.

Not sure I'd be able to make it since it means Saturday morning at 9am (and I work until midnight on Friday), but anyway I suppose the above might be useful clarifications, or at least an interesting discussion :)

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Aethor's Mule Race 12/18/2015 05:49 PM CST
Not a single person signed up, on officials or PC
not a single person contacted aethor whiteaxe in regards to joining the race
race is hereby canceled due to failure of sign ups
thanks all have a wonderful day

Re: Aethor's Mule Race 12/18/2015 07:02 PM CST
I liked the concept of the race, and the overall idea. I did not sign up because I didn't want to undress to container-less items. Post cap the run would not have been at all a big deal empty handed and armor-less, and as a rogue the use of spell assistance (haste-teleport-rifting ect) wasn't an issue either. It really was the fact that I would have to change clothes and store everything that turned me off on it.

I hope you have a better turnout next time!
Re: Aethor's Mule Race 12/18/2015 11:02 PM CST
Don't be discouraged. Player-run activities can be tough regardless of the nature event. I would suggest trying to team up with a CHE/MHO and making an event out of the idea which would qualify them for influence points towards their organization.
Re: Aethor's Mule Race 12/19/2015 01:42 AM CST
Also, the giant pile of stuff people have going on in RL this time of year makes it difficult. Thanks for trying.

Kerl