Nature resist vs perm resist messaging 06/09/2015 01:45 PM CDT
Hi all,
Not sure the best place to post but figured this was a good place to start.

I'm trying to determine the difference in messaging between temporary and permanent resistances on armor. Is anyone able to post assess messaging for one or both please? Or let me know how to tell the difference?

Many thanks!
Re: Nature resist vs perm resist messaging 06/09/2015 02:14 PM CDT

Ranger resistance ASSESSment from the wiki:

Careful examination indicates the grey leather has a base strength of 20 and a base durability of 285. You also determine the current integrity of the grey leather to be at 100.0%.
You examine the grey leather closely, lightly running your fingers over the material.
You sense that the leather is imbued with the magic of nature, and your fingertips detect the slightest presence of warmth along the surface of the leather. The imbued magic in the leather seems to offer a significant amount of resistance to its targeted element. The strength of the magic's aura suggests that the resistance could falter after a great number of strikes. You also sense that R leather was imbued with resistance by Regyy.
Re: Nature resist vs perm resist messaging 06/09/2015 03:47 PM CDT
Thanks very much for the reply. This is the messaging my ranger got on some armor:

You examine the diamond-studded brigandine closely, lightly running your fingers over the material.
You sense that the brigandine is imbued with the magic of nature, and your fingertips detect the slightest presence of warmth along the surface of the brigandine. The imbued magic in the brigandine seems to offer some amount of resistance to its targeted element. The aura of the magic is vibrant. You cannot tell anything more about the diamond-studded brigandine.

Is this definitely permanent resistance or does the last line indicate my ranger isn't trained enough to determine all the various information?
Re: Nature resist vs perm resist messaging 06/09/2015 04:36 PM CDT
Just had it checked again and appears my ranger was just too low level to get all the info. My armor is indeed ranger resistance.

Thanks again.
Re: Nature resist vs perm resist messaging 06/09/2015 04:53 PM CDT

>or does the last line indicate my ranger isn't trained enough to determine all the various information?

>Just had it checked again and appears my ranger was just too low level to get all the info.

Just curious what level your ranger was that it could not do a full assessment. Helpful to know these things for future questions. Rangers are definitely not my strong point.

Glad you got it figured out.
Re: Nature resist vs perm resist messaging 06/10/2015 05:33 PM CDT
I can't remember exactly. At a rough guess, he was 30 at the most.