Returned ... again 10/08/2014 04:25 PM CDT
Yeah, "again" being the operative term. I've shelved my ranger for a long time using him as a locksmith for my finally-trained-enough pocket wizard, and a hiatus altogether a couple of times. So, I think I know the basics, but want to make sure I'm not missing something critical when I bring the ranger back into combat. He's Sunfist, sniper, needs to hide well and has a set of brig that drives his armor choice for now. Anything missing? Any response appreciated.

At 92

30 armor (brig)
184 ranged (2x)
63 CM (get it as I can)
138 ambush (1.5x and get it as I can toward 2x)
184 PF (2x)
92 dodge (1x)
46 climb (.5x)
46 swim (.5x)
184 hide (2x)
184 percept (2x)
46 FA (.5x)
46 Surv (.5x)
91 harness (1x)
30 Spirit (130)
62 Ranger (1x going forward)

Thanks advancedly-like.

O.
Re: Returned ... again 10/09/2014 09:17 PM CDT
Really, it looks good. Armor looks low, but I've been wearing metal armors for so long, that no doubt I'm biased. I'm thinking 35 ranks for some reason, but I can't validate that number.

Maybe a post cap goal would be to get up to Wall of Force (140), for those tricky scenarios where hiding is difficult and self-cast DS might be a little low against certain creatures (Scatter comes to mind), and then go back to pushing up the Ranger circle.

Otherwise, I'm trained for sniping, rarely snipe, and like I said, in hauberk. So, likely some of the brig wearing snipers or ambushers might take a look here and offer some feedback, particularly on CM's.

I haven't been particularly thrilled with cunning defense, and pretty much train in almost all available CM's as a defensive measure (if a bandit has hit me with it, then I put ranks into it). I don't use MFIRE, nor Shadow Mastery, while I know a bunch of snipers do (at least the latter).

Welcome back. Good luck!

If you're in the Landing area, be sure to check out the Cross Into Shadows folder, as the Landing is neck deep in some serious epic quest deliciousness lately, and oh, also, buy deeds.

~ Bill, Coyote.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius