Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Ranger Toys 07/17/2013 09:40 AM CDT
The rotating quiver concept seems more limiting than useful to me but I get that some people may find them useful. I use e-bladed and blessed bolts when I hunt so thought I would share my function key macros as well. I fletch my own bolts and paint them to match the element/blessing they will hold. While I hunt from the open using a dual light crossbow, the concepts used below could easily be applied for bow users as well.

-- F9 - This function key serves two purposes. It SETS the typo of ammo you want to use and gathers any of that ammo type into your quiver.
\xready ammo red bolt in my quiver\rgather red bolt\rput my red bolt in red bolt in my quiver\r

-- Alt-F9 - SET and/or gather blessed bolts. Add more additional ammo types as needed (e.g. Ctrl-F9)
\xready ammo silvery bolt in my quiver\rgather silvery bolt\rput my silvery bolt in silvery bolt in my quiver\r

Once the desired ammo type is SET, combat generally consists of F1, F2, F3, repeat and using F9/Alt-F9 to gather my bolts or to change the bolts I am using. If there is more than one critter in the room or if there are a lot of critters in the general area then I will TARGET <critter> before initiating combat.

-- F1 - Fire (go all out, take advantage of the crossbow kneeling bonus)
\xkneel\rstance off\rfire\r

-- Ctrl-F1 (more conservative attack, remain standing and fire)
\xstance off\rfire\r

-- Shift-F1 (Turn the dual crossbow over to fire/load the 2nd bolt)
\xturn my crossbow\r

-- F2 - Cock Crossbow
\xstand\rcock my crossbow\r

-- F3 - Load Crossbow with currently SET ammo type. Ready to fire again.
\xstance def\rready ammo\rload my crossbow\r

-- F4 - Panic button. Something has gone awry. Turtle up.
\xstance def\rstand\r

-- Robert
Re: Ranger Toys 07/27/2013 05:02 AM CDT
I'd like a quiver that can store charges of eblade or bless. Rub the quiver, it casts the spell on the first arrow/bundle in it. Ideally you'd be able to cast the spell directly at the quiver, either by hand, from an imbed, or from a scroll, and then you could use it as a backup in case your arrows ran out of juice. If an appropriately trained cleric (or Voln member) cast the bless, it could be used on magic items. Not overpowering, but saves some time and trouble. What do you think?

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Ranger Toys 08/11/2013 12:16 PM CDT
I think what people are asking for here is a quiver that will work with the ready list so that it's a set it and forget it thing.

Yes, you can write the macros and make it work. My problem right now is that I have many different flaring arrows, 1 set of ebladed for warcamps, and 1 set of blessed for undead.

Writing macros and more importantly remembering the macro keys while fighting isn't that easy for me.

Here's an example of a problem I run into. I have scarlet arrows (fire flare for trolls) and blessed arrows (for the undead in Marsh Keep). The scarlet arrows are set as my READY LIST AMMO.

>get 1 my arro
You remove a single scarlet arrow from a bundle of scarlet arrows.

>put my arrow in my arrow in quiv
You cannot bundle these together.

Why can't the system recognize that the scarlet arrow came from the scarlet arrows bundle and replace it. This seems like it is the type of thing that the READY LIST is supposed to take care of.
Re: Ranger Toys 08/18/2013 12:41 PM CDT

Companion armor or containers that a companion could wear that you could actually put two boxes into but companion armor even if it was just fluff would be cool, I would love to see my lynx with some type of armor and maybe like saddle bags that would hold two boxes. They are not very good at hunting so they should/could carry something
~Shi'larra
One bold fella breaks from the chain and climbs up on Brinret's chest, grabbing a hold of the tufts of hair on both sides of his head and holding him still! A fat, wet kiss is placed before the monkey disappears
Re: Ranger Toys 09/23/2013 12:01 PM CDT
>Why can't the system recognize that the scarlet arrow came from the scarlet arrows bundle and replace it. This seems like it is the type of thing that the READY LIST is supposed to take care of.

Can't you just use two quivers that open/close? And when you switch ammo types, close the non-used quiver and ready ammo in the used one. I think this would prevent any of the confusion you're experiencing.

Player of Kilshaar
Re: Ranger Toys 01/05/2014 08:03 AM CST
I'm going to necro this thread just to second the request for resistance potions for 620 that offer lightning resist.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Ranger Toys 02/14/2014 05:20 PM CST
Okay so its been 5 months since your post but how about this don't know if the mechanics is possible or if anyone would want them . But how about garden shovels or garden rakes the lil hand held one that when held add a modifier to your roll when foraging when 603 is cast. it also would give you a glimpse of every herb in that room that could be foraged . Here is the twist however.....to actually forage you have to have one hand open you would have to put away your weapon/shield to actually forage with it

A Foraging sack for rangers that duplicates what ever foraged item that is put in it Once with a random roll for failure (turn item to ash) or up to 5 duplicated items with a random roll for quality of said items. It can NOT do healing herbs however.I would farther restrict it if possible by making it work on items foraged only by said range if that's possible. It also wont hold anything else in it but foraging items and the hand rack or the hand shovel with a restriction on the number I think 10,15,20 foraging items would be good....Not a great twist here but it has to have only one item in it to activate it.

Well that's my 2 cents except if these are due able please make one sack in plain leather,,,,,,my ranger likes leather

Osokree but just call me Osok

The One shot Ranger
Re: Ranger Toys 02/16/2014 06:24 PM CST
I came up with another ideal a hide stretching rack . It will allow you to raise the quality of the skins we collect. would be better served as a skill for the guild but i have been playing on & off since 1995 and dont hold out any hope for a functioning guild but it would be an item I believe most ranger would want
Re: Ranger Toys 02/16/2014 11:19 PM CST

Like the idea but instead of quality I rather it raise the price. It such an easy and cheap cost to make a skinning ranger that skin cost would matter more for me
Re: Ranger Toys 03/08/2014 12:02 PM CST
yeah increasing quality wouldn't be as good as straight value increase. The majority of my skins are max quality so it would be useless for those who actually skin well.

Daemon Ranger
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page