Bug with Altering Boxes for Imbued Items 01/18/2013 08:56 PM CST
When you attempt to use two different boxes to alter an item (example below, cause it's hard to explain), the text displayed for the description of the imbued item doesn't change as a result of the second box use. However, the item itself does change in that you need to use the syntax for the item you most recently altered the imbued item to.

s>get rod
You pick up a smooth silver beech rod carved with a spiral of leaves.
s>put rod in my box
You put a smooth silver beech rod carved with a spiral of leaves in your black ash box.
>tap my box
You tap a small black ash box, which is in your right hand.
[This black ash box will work with imbued wands and rods. It will produce "a spiraled black ash wand or rod".]
s>rub my box
You sweep your hand across the surface of the black ash box and it produces a hollow rumbling noise followed by a short flash of light leaking from its interior. You feel a trickle of power flow from your fingertips in to the black ash box.
s>get black rod from my box
You remove a smooth silver beech rod carved with a spiral of leaves from in your black ash box.
s>tap my black rod
You tap a smooth silver beech rod carved with a spiral of leaves, which is in your left hand.

Make sense? I tried this with two different boxes and the result is the same for both, so I'm guessing it works this way for all of them.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Bug with Altering Boxes for Imbued Items 01/19/2013 12:17 AM CST
Stop crossing the streams, or I'll need to make them blow up when you try that.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: Bug with Altering Boxes for Imbued Items 01/19/2013 12:26 AM CST
Should be fixed up now.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: Bug with Altering Boxes for Imbued Items 01/19/2013 03:04 AM CST
Would have been more fun if you made him blow up for it.
Re: Bug with Altering Boxes for Imbued Items 01/19/2013 05:17 AM CST
>Stop crossing the streams, or I'll need to make them blow up when you try that. -Tamuz

You know, I just had an awesome idea. I should have changed a bunch of amulet into pendants and then into talismans and passed them out. People would have never been able to figure out how to free up their hand, much less use the things.

Damn inspiration comes too late.

>Would have been more fun if you made him blow up for it. -Trouble13

I WILL DESTROY YOU!

~Brian, Sepher's player, breaks your stuff.
Re: Bug with Altering Boxes for Imbued Items 01/19/2013 12:55 PM CST
>>I WILL DESTROY YOU!

With kindness? Because we know you are all about the fluffy white rabbits and chocolate.