freezing issues 06/01/2017 11:54 PM CDT
My laptop tends to freeze in the game. I have time warner/spectrum. I am not losing connection as i can do things on the internet. I get anything from a hiccup to totally frozen for 30 seconds to 4 minutes. I don't disconnect usually.

My computer works fine at my work. Any thoughts
Re: freezing issues 06/02/2017 06:18 AM CDT
You might try stopping logging. SF opening a log file takes up to 3 minutes for me these days, during which output is frozen.
Re: freezing issues 06/02/2017 06:42 AM CDT
sounds like packet loss on your connection.

Check your wifi connection, power cycle router/modem/switches on the network.
You should be able to run a "Ping" command with a continuous modifier to see if you are dropping out over time by hitting a public IP address (I usually just use googles DNS - 8.8.8.8). If you get responses with long milliseconds or request timed out, you are dropping packets. If should be in the 5-25ms range for a reasonable cable connection. If you are still having packet loss after power cycling your equipment, you'll need to contact your ISP and try and get them to do some testing or resend their config file, confirm the line quality etc. Frankly, that could go really easily or it might be a huge uphill battle to get them to change anything, make sure you've 100% eliminated the equipment on your end as being the problem.

If you have any third party routers or equipment in place, try to bypass them for testing and connect directly to the ISP provided equipment to see if your measurements/connection is much better.

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: freezing issues 06/02/2017 07:38 AM CDT

Thank you. Butif i was experienceing packet loss wouldnt my other internet things be messing up?
Re: freezing issues 06/02/2017 08:49 AM CDT
>Thank you. Butif i was experienceing packet loss wouldnt my other internet things be messing up?

Not necessarily. It depends on the type of connection your other sites are using.

If you're streaming something it may be utilizing UDP over TCP for connection. UDP doesn't care about packet loss.
Even if you were just viewing some website that uses TCP, if packets are lost, you may no notice it if the lost packets are resent and only a slightly delay in the page loading happens.

UDP vs TCP - an easy way to understand the main difference between them:

UPD:
Guy 1 says "Hi" to Guy 2. Guy 2 doesn't respond. Guy 1 doesn't care and keeps talking even if Guy 2 isn't listening
(data sent requires no acknowledgement sent back that the info was received)

TCP:
Guy 1 says "Hi" to Guy 2. Guy 2 doesn't respond.
Guy 1 needs a response before he can continue on. So Guy 1 says "Hi" to Guy 2 again. Guy 2 doesn't respond.
Guy 1 says "Hi" to Guy 2. Guy 2 says "Hi" back.
Guy 1 now says "How are you?"....
(data sent requires a response that it was received before the next piece of data is sent)

-Drumpel