Safari can't connect 06/30/2015 11:21 PM CDT
A couple of weeks ago I posted in the Simucoin Store folder that I could not connect to the store using Safari 6.1.6. When I try to connect, I get a "safari can't establish a secure connection to the server" message. In the last couple of days the same thing has started to happen with the forums and now with the goals page.

I can connect fine with my laptop, even when using the same internet service in my home (with WiFi). I can also connect with Google Chrome. And this is not happening with any other websites. The problem seems to be strictly involving my desktop, certain Simu sites, and Safari.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Safari can't connect 07/03/2015 06:39 PM CDT
store.play.net doesn't appear to support TLSv1, and your browser is too old to support TLSv1.1 or TLSv1.2. You just need to update your browser.

- Tillmen
Re: Safari can't connect 07/03/2015 10:03 PM CDT
>store.play.net doesn't appear to support TLSv1, and your browser is too old to support TLSv1.1 or TLSv1.2. You just need to update your browser.- Tillmen

Yep, that did it. I had resisted upgrading to Yosemite because I knew that a couple of older applications that I liked would not work with it. But I went ahead and did upgraded, including Safari, and that fixed it. Thanks.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Safari can't connect 11/02/2015 12:21 AM CST

I can't connect thru the web browser on only one of my characters. Other characters are fine, and other log in routes are are fine. (I can't download third party software at work, so I use the web browser.) If I recall, something happened like this a year or so ago during EG or CCF or something.