Screen scrolling issue. 06/07/2015 06:47 PM CDT
I'm unsure if this is a relevant topic for this thread or more in the "report a bug" territory, but this seems a good a place as any to start.

I'm using the default front end. I'm having a constant issue where the screen starts scrolling text upward uncontrollably with each command, ending up where you can't see any text on screen, including your own commands. Scrolling up doesn't work, it's almost like the front end is simply deleting the text after it should display. This seems to happen mostly during active combat sessions, but rarely it'll happen while simply moving between rooms.

So far, the only two ways I have found to fix this are:
1) Type the EXP or INFO command repeatedly, 5-6 times, in order to get the text to show up again, then use the look command "Secure" the screen for a bit. That doesn't last long.
2) Reload the launcher. This fixes it for a very short time. The problem with this solution is it takes 3-4 times before the launcher will work properly, instead of just getting stuck on:

Welcome to GemStone IV (R) v5.10
Copyright 2015 Simutronics Corp.
All Rights Reserved

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, or have any idea how to fix it?
Re: Screen scrolling issue. 06/07/2015 07:07 PM CDT

>I'm using the default front end.

meaning the browser front end? gah
Re: Screen scrolling issue. 06/08/2015 08:56 AM CDT
I've had a couple people come to me with this isssue as well, having someone else move you over one or two rooms also seems to help the problem, but only temporarily. Restarting the browser several times seems to be the only real fix for the issue and its not really fixed if you have to log out 3 or 4 times every half hour. Normally I would just say use any other front end and the experience will be better, but I was trying out the webclient with my brother using a chrome book and it is the only option available. I had been working on convincing him to come back to gemstone after a 10+ year break but trying to get the web client to work properly soured us both on the experience. We really need an update to the browser front end if its going to be the default for anyone with a chromebook/tablet now that f2p is live. To give some constructive feedback points, the windows are a fixed size and the default setting cuts off text at the bottom of the screen in favor of showing the command bar icons, there is no way to open a thought/story window that I can find, and the static room description at the top of the screen takes up way too much space given how little necessary information it provides. Would it be possible to more closely mirror the page layout and adjustable options from storm-front?

Archales & J
Re: Screen scrolling issue. 06/08/2015 09:26 AM CDT

>We really need an update to the browser front end if its going to be the default for anyone with a chromebook/tablet now that f2p is live

honestly I can't believe F2P happened without a browser front end update. The poor viability of it for long-term play has been known for a very long time.