Lich 09/28/2014 09:00 PM CDT
Not really sure where to put this so we'll start here.

to recap, I've recently returned after a 10+ year break. As I got the feel of things again someone suggested I use Lich. I downloaded, it was cool. Very recently there was an...incident...involving a large glass of water and my tower. I got a new tower and now I cant get Lich to work.
Details:
old computer had windows 7
new computer, windows 8.
Played for short time on a laptop with 7 and had no problem their either.
I've uninstalled, reinstalled. Tried a newer version of Ruby, nothing works.
At one point I was able to get to the character select screen but nothing would happen after that. Tried both Wizard and Stormfront and the results were the same, pause for a moment, character select window closes, and nothing else.
Now I cant even get it to do that. Sometimes it will just auto-launch the Wizard FE in offline mode, other times it will do nothing.
I am able to play using Wizard and Stormfront if I launch directly from play.net.

And possibly related, I am no longer able to watch YouTube videos...

Any suggestions, help or fixes?
Re: Lich 09/29/2014 09:22 AM CDT

I had the same issue when I went to Windows 8. Don't remember how I fixed it, but I'm pretty sure that there was a tread or two over on the unofficials about it. Do some searching there, and ask your question if you can't find an answer and you are a lot more likely to get a response for Lich issues there than here.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?104-The-Lich-Project
Re: Lich 11/02/2014 05:23 AM CST

When you set up your character in the lich Game Entry on Windows 8, enter your id, password, connect, select the character you want to bring in, click on wizard or stormfront client, then drop down the (enter custom launch command) tab and select whichever frontend you are using, then drop down the (enter working directory fro command. Here you have to find out where on your computer the stormfront or wizard launch file is, copy that directory, and paste it into the (enter working directory for command) box. Generally you will find I think most of the time you will find it in C:/program files (x86)/simu/and then either wizard or storm.

Clintmire
Isle Goatherder