Pure Coraesine Weapons 12/21/2010 02:30 PM CST
I'm wondering why pure coraesine weapons cannot be transferred from one char to another. I assume the answer has something to do with game balance, so chose this folder to ask. Thanks.

A red-hulled airship stained in tears crashes into Solhaven with a "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" sound.

Visit my shop in the Landing. http://shops.krakiipedia.org/shop.php?g=gs&id=135
Re: Pure Coraesine Weapons 12/21/2010 03:44 PM CST
My guess is they were designed so that people wouldn't be bidding on them to turn around and try to make a profit off of it.

All in all they are not a game breaking weapon, but I do admit it's sad they don't get as much use as they should. But that is no different then people who buy things to only locker it away never to see the light of day again.

I personally would love to see more neat weapons released that are locked on the character that wins them.
Re: Pure Coraesine Weapons 12/22/2010 05:39 AM CST
Your guess would be wrong. But thanks. If it's not game balance, it's something to do with the rp aspect of pure coraesine, I figure. An official response would be nice, if anyone knows for certain.

A red-hulled airship stained in tears crashes into Solhaven with a "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" sound.

Re: Pure Coraesine Weapons 12/23/2010 04:28 PM CST
Not an official response, but if you read the play.net article on coraesine (http://www.play.net/gs4/info/armory/materials.asp#Coraesine) there are a lot of hints as to why, in the past, it has been decided to have it be attuned to one person and one person only for its purest form.

And here's the whole description, just for reference here:

Coraesine is among the rarest metals in Elanthia, and only a handful of locations where it can be mined are known, most all near large foci of mana. In color, it is a misty white, its surface swirled with veins of dark grey, and it is rumored that it can be dyed, but not by normal means. When it is found in natural form, it is most always in large chunks the size of a giantman's fist. Its natural enchantment is roughly the equivalent of glaes.

Coraesine is a highly magical metal, and often unpredictable in nature, giving birth to tales that it has a sentience about it. Some legends say that it is the petrified forms of great air elementals defeated by their earthen cousins and forever imprisoned in the form they hate most. It has several unusual properties, and can only be forged into a weapon or ornamentation, as its inherent magical qualities are more dangerous than beneficial when used as armor. Some magical weapons of this material have been known to speed the wielder up in an instant, allowing them to strike more than once, and emit powerful blasts of air intense enough to wound a foe. There is a darker side to the metal as well - it can actually turn its abilities on the wielder if it is not used to them, or as the more superstitious say, does not like them. The longer one wields some pure coraesine weapons, the more beneficial they will be, as if the material itself becomes attuned to its user. There are less-pure forms of coraesine that have been forged into weapons, and while they retain their natural enchantment, their more prized abilities do not show themselves. Less-pure weapons of coraesine retain some of their abilities, but due to the varying levels of quality in metals, and especially highly magical metals such as coraesine, this is usually dependant on the individual weapon or smith who forged it.

The Faendryl were the first to discover coraesine after their exile, in the mines of Rhoska-Tor. They worked easily with the highly magical metal, amused by the fact that even if they were brought down in battle, their weapons would sometimes avenge them when the enemy tried to wield them. It has been discovered in other locations, but none have been able to work it as well as the Faendryl.

~Raliel~
~Platinum Forum Moderator~
Re: Pure Coraesine Weapons 12/24/2010 08:19 PM CST
Appreciated, so it has nothing to do with balance. The RP explanation makes sense. I'll move this discussion to the appropriate development folder now. Thanks.