Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Skin farmers 10/17/2014 05:41 AM CDT
>In the past I would make 100k per hour theoretically (through calculating math bases on what i was earning), and after a few days it was down to 50k per hour.

I could make 50k in an hour in a capped hunting ground with a level 98/99 monk. A decent profession should be able to out loot that easily.
Re: Skin farmers 10/17/2014 08:43 AM CDT
Which is better if you are 1x? Survival or First Aid?

Chad, player of a few
Re: Skin farmers 10/17/2014 09:30 AM CDT

>Which is better if you are 1x? Survival or First Aid?

I prefer to .5x both, but I believe survival gives a few more benefits, it also tends to be more expensive
Re: Skin farmers 10/17/2014 09:50 AM CDT
I prefer to .5x both, but I believe survival gives a few more benefits, it also tends to be more expensive
VANKRASN39

Thats actually pretty smart. Survival IS expensive... but it makes sense to .5x both. Thanks.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Skin farmers 10/17/2014 05:58 PM CDT
I went 1x Survival, 2x First Aid, and 1x Perception.

Does Trading help raise skin values? I skin nearly everything I hunt.

Tanivar Somakre

"Healing, you want it, you shall have it."
Re: Skin farmers 10/17/2014 07:41 PM CDT
I believe trading helps with everything you sell to the pawn, gem, or skin shops. Probably every shop that sells something.

Even better is being a citizen of a town that likes your race.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Skin farmers 10/17/2014 09:20 PM CDT
Survival vs FA? Aside from extra survival perks if you live in a cold area, if we are just talking about skinning effectiveness, it depends to a certain extent on what profession you are. FA is dirt cheap for empaths, so I went 2x with mine.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Skin farmers 10/18/2014 08:13 AM CDT
>I believe trading helps with everything you sell to the pawn, gem, or skin shops. Probably every shop that sells something.

>Chad, player of a few

I'm at the point of needing a place to put extra training points so I guess I'll start tossing some into Trading. A little extra silver never hurts. :)

Tanivar Somakre

Re: Skin farmers 10/18/2014 09:20 AM CDT
I think it's actually a lot of extra silver. 2x trading at cap should result in a 25% boost to buying and selling most items.

~Taverkin
Re: Skin farmers 10/18/2014 09:56 AM CDT
You will see additional benefit for every 12 points of Trading bonus and Influence bonus (combined) that you have.

-- Robert

You raise your heel high, bringing it down solidly on a severed troll leg's foot!
The severed troll leg howls in pain, clutching its toes!
Re: Skin farmers 10/18/2014 05:20 PM CDT
>You will see additional benefit for every 12 points of Trading bonus and Influence bonus (combined) that you have.

>-- Robert

Just got three ranks of Trading to get started with the available ptp and have 30 bonus INF points to go with it. A couple 12's in there :)

Tanivar Somakre

Re: Skin farmers 10/20/2014 05:40 AM CDT
>> I think it's actually a lot of extra silver. 2x trading at cap should result in a 25% boost to buying and selling most items.

Absolutely.

Check out the race bonuses too. Elves get a 5% bonus to selling in Ta'vaalor. Dark Elves get a -25%! Holy smokes.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Trading

Halflings are once again the superior race.
Re: Skin farmers 12/04/2014 01:51 PM CST
>I think applying the same penalty to skinning things you can't learn from that is applying to looting things you can't learn from is rational, fair, and would better balance the treasure system.

Know what else would be cool? If capped skins came anywhere close to the value of skins that are lower level.

For example, triton radical spines in Nelemar are worth up to like 400 coins according to Jeril, who is 2x survival and 2x first aid, triton magus hides go up to about 1k, yet aivren skins (83 I think?) are worth up to like 2500 or somewhere in that range, and me with my 1x survival can frequently skin giant fog beetles (35 I think) for up to 1500 coins a pop.

Stuff around the Lake in Solhaven (centaurs and either fenghai or pra'eda, forgot which) go over 1k, coyote tails around 500 or so, etc.

Cerebralites on plane 4/scatter, I get maybe 100-200 coins for. Granted I'm only 1x survival, but I seriously doubt a fully trained skinner gets much more, and certainly wouldn't break the 1k barrier.

Crawler teeth are slightly better than cerebralite skins, etc.

So if you really wanna make good money skinning, just go farm the crap out of aivrens, fog beetles, and centaurs, and other equally easy stuff with 0 risk as opposed to skinning stuff that can 1 shot you for a fraction of the value.

I really don't get why fixing the treasure/skin system still isn't anywhere near the top of the priority list, and is instead apparently somewhere in the mid to low tiers of RSN.

~ Methais
Re: Skin farmers 12/04/2014 03:15 PM CST
>>If capped skins came anywhere close to the value of skins that are lower level.

Going to have to +1 this thought.

It's kind of frightening when a mid-game character easily outpaces a capped character in terms of sheer earning potential just because of a couple of mechanical stop-gaps only when considering skins.

I'd also recommend skins get simplified. There are way too many dimensions to skins that need to be tracked to prevent effective dynamic controls. Simplify the methods of determining skin valuation, and then realign the valuation so that the more risk generates the greater reward, and not the reverse. Alternatively, if it's true that a mid-game character faces more risk, that deserves its own discussion.

Doug
Re: Skin farmers 12/06/2014 12:47 PM CST
Mid-range might present more risk, but this is likely a result of the fact that level 100 extends endlessly into the post-cap. I've had 2 years to accumulate additional skills. 2 years of hunting the same area. And all of the additional gear/silver I've acquired. The monsters I hunt may be more dangerous, but I probably die less often hunting them than I did hunting at the mid-range. However, post-cap players should not be penalized for the decision not to develop new and more challenging content to accommodate them. We're already being penalized by being forced to hunt the same 3 areas for so many years.

We need post-cap goals. We need a new area every now and then to raise the bar for the increasing number of post-cap players. And in the mean time we need to be given the opportunity to earn loot appropriate to the highest levels of the game. The current design is a bit of a slap in the face.

~Taverkin
Re: Skin farmers 12/08/2014 02:14 PM CST
>>We need post-cap goals.

This. So SO much this. I remember the week or so after I capped and how after the initial elation I was just left with "ok, what do I do now?"... I probably would have stopped playing if I hadn't heard about ;whatlevel for Lich and used that to make it look like I could still progress level-wise.

I am all for new capped hunting areas, but I understand why they aren't a priority. I love the temp hunting grounds they create around storylines, but seriously wish they had some adventure guild bounties tied in.

I wish we could keep doing skin/herb/bandit bounties in towns where we can't do other bounties due to a lack of capped hunting ground.

I say some sort of perks for post-cap, to act as goals. Get rid of the artisan skill cap, for example.

Considering how much of the playerbase is now post-cap, it makes sense to keep that hunk engaged and active and playing and, bottom line, paying.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page