Making Spirit Shield and Spirit Defense stackable on others 02/12/2014 02:00 PM CST
I sit Landing TSC a lot and hear so many people call for massies and not get them, some hours long times massies are rare, some hours long times I never see them cast at all. How about making these two spirit DS spells stackable on others so those who need the extra DS to have fun hunting can have it in 4 hour batches when Guards, Blurs, and Colors are not be had even after calls for them on the amunet?

If needed for play balance have the spells cost more mana when group cast.

Spending my few hours playtime each day back in the G3 days sitting in TS waiting on massies so I could go have fun hunting and way to often not getting them for a couple hours or not at all was the main reason I went to another game.

I'm back now because of the games magic and the slow play of playing a town healer. I've gotten old and arthritis has set in. Fast games just didn't work for me anymore.
Re: Making Spirit Shield and Spirit Defense stackable on others 02/12/2014 05:36 PM CST
>>I've gotten old and arthritis has set in. Fast games just didn't work for me anymore.<<

You have mentioned that before elsewhere. We're all getting older. I have bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome, but luckily not arthritis of the hands; my hands get numb but it's not painful. Now, I know empath Taverkin uses wands a lot when hunting. Wouldn't a macro like "stance offen\r wave left\r stance defen\r" eliminate most of the problem? Doing 3 actions with one keystroke to minimize typing.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union
between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Making Spirit Shield and Spirit Defense stackable on others 02/18/2014 05:45 PM CST

Due to the fact spirit shield and spirit defense are readily available in scrolls, and magic items that do allow you to self cast and stack them I doubt there would be justification to make a mass spell version. I agree it would be nice, but then those that train arcane magic or MIU to be able to use those items would likely have there training negated and want a skill fix or some other change to balance it.
Re: Making Spirit Shield and Spirit Defense stackable on others 02/19/2014 01:39 PM CST
<<Now, I know empath Taverkin uses wands a lot when hunting. Wouldn't a macro like "stance offen\r wave left\r stance defen\r" eliminate most of the problem? Doing 3 actions with one keystroke to minimize typing.>>

LoL Just noticed this. What happened here? It's almost like you're trying to say that Taverkin uses a lot of scripts/macros, while your empath uses a lot of wands? Not really sure! But if you meant that I use a lot of scripts and macros when I hunt, you're right! I'm a big fan of using aliases and macros to cut out excess typing and speed up the process. There's no reason you can't hunt entirely via single-keystroke macros and aliases. At that point, arthritis shouldn't hold you back too much.

~Taverkin
Re: Making Spirit Shield and Spirit Defense stackable on others 02/19/2014 05:23 PM CST
A few more thoughts to add:

I see no reason spirit shield/defense shouldn't be stackable on other players. It kinda goes along with the updates to spell durations. For that matter, it would be really nice if all short duration spells were refreshable. For instance, I love to cast haste for people who hunt with me, but it's really annoying that I have to wait until the spell duration ends to recast. Sometimes the spell doesn't end at a favorable point in time, you know? I can anticipate that and refresh for myself using the STOP verb to cancel the previous cast, but I can't do it for my group. Just a consistency thing, I guess. I can refresh wiz shield, but not haste. I can stack 406, but not 103. Etc, etc. Might as well make the rules follow unless there's a good reason not to?

If you need help figuring that macro/alias stuff out, hit me up in chat (or in text-based person). I only have the one character (Taverkin), so it's pretty easy to tell when I'm around!

And finally, if you do get a handle on the hunting situation, consider a visit to Icemule. Spellups are difficult to avoid when Tav is around! You might end up hunting more than you expect!

~Taverkin