Cman suggestions 02/02/2013 11:54 AM CST
The following cmans are a bit lacking, so going to suggest some tweaks to improve them.

Quickstrike (qstrike)
Silent Strike (silentstrike)
Truehand (truehand)

I think all of these should be made into "on the next attack/ambush" 1 minute buffs. These skills go underused because they reduce combat options and effectiveness rather than increase it. A truehand with the ability to aim? Awesome for all combat situations. A truehand without the ability to aim? Worthless, may as well save the stamina and use the time to mstrike or use a blue crystal.

Dgry
Re: Cman suggestions 02/03/2013 12:01 AM CST
Silent strike just had a bunch of improvements made... so I wouldn't get the hopes up. The only way I see it lacking (and I do, trust me) is that Vanish effectively does the same job and does it a lot better. But hey, now you can stay hidden while subduing and stuff. If only there was a single friggin' creature that could be subdued past level 40 (this exaggeration is realized and does not require being pointed out, but the beef still stands).

I am probably one of the very few people around that swears by quickstrike. I used to have it as my disposable/Imma Fast RP/"If I need 30 CMPs for a newly released skill I will drop this one", and that is exactly what I did. I dropped it. Then the strangest thing happened. I missed it so much it hurt. I had no idea how much I used and depended on the skill until I found myself constantly smashing that now unusable macro. Right now a single tear rolls down my cheek at the very memory. Then again, my stealth-happy rogue tends to use two-handed weapons. Having a 2 second RT opens up a lot of doors in the 'set up/mess up' category when you are swinging something big and bad that is pretty much guaranteed to stun.

Qstrike, mstrike, vanish, guuurl you better WORK! Ambush.

See something prep a spell? Quickstrike it. See something giving the eyes? Quickstrike it. Need to see if something is turtled? Quickstrike it. See something enter the room you don't like? Quickstrike it/Quickstrike the thing already stanced to stun or kill it so you can deal with the thing that just walked in more effectively. I can go on all day.

This logic is of course moot to those that play the game perpetually hasted, then yes, something like quickstrike probably seems a little redundant and underpowered. If I were to give it only one selfish criticism it would be that I don't like how we pretty much need all five ranks to make it worthwhile.

I'd still hate it reduced from a skill I can use whenever I want when the situation warrants it to a duration based/burst skill with a cool down... and don't get me started on cool downs. Why do only Cmans get the brunt of that WoW inspired joke-of-a-mechanic? Put in a cool down for mass blur. See where that gets you. (Rantrantrant)

Truehand? Yeah, I'm with you brother. Give that Cman a 2 minute duration with a cool down.

The only mechanical influence it has is on mitigating bad luck anyway.

.jaired
>LIKE A BOSS
Please rephrase that command.
Re: Cman suggestions 02/03/2013 09:56 AM CST
I'd still hate it reduced from a skill I can use whenever I want when the situation warrants it to a duration based/burst skill with a cool down... and don't get me started on cool downs. Why do only Cmans get the brunt of that WoW inspired joke-of-a-mechanic? Put in a cool down for mass blur. See where that gets you. (Rantrantrant)

Truehand? Yeah, I'm with you brother. Give that Cman a 2 minute duration with a cool down.

The only mechanical influence it has is on mitigating bad luck anyway.

You misread my suggestions. I didn't say anything about cooldowns. They would work exactly like spirit strike. You "cast" them, and your next attack gets the benefit. Your cost is the stamina you pay.

Dgry
Re: Cman suggestions 02/03/2013 10:58 AM CST
Would True-hand function better as a multi-attack skill?

Instead of being an attack CMAN, make it so that it applies to upcoming strikes:

Level 1: As True-Hand is now, except works on "next strike"
Level 2: 1st hit gets d70 and -20% to enemy EBP. SECOND hit gets d80 and -10% to EBP
Level 3: Similar to above; 1st hit gets d60, -30 BP, second gets d70, -20 EBP, etc
Level 4: Etc
Level 5: Basically a culmination of the above; allows the next 5 hits to be granted a true-hand effect of decreasing effectiveness with each strike.

Perhaps it could have a cooldown after?

Each tier would unlock an additional hit which has benefits.

>Barnom says, "Like sage and nutmeg."
Re: Cman suggestions 02/03/2013 05:01 PM CST
Ahh... you're right. I did misunderstand.

Moving on then.

.jaired
>LIKE A BOSS
Please rephrase that command.