FLARES 06/12/2012 04:59 PM CDT

I read some of the posts in regards to flares and I had an idea. The problem is the post cap problem and using the Premium Points to get them...and if you change hunting grounds then oops, you are hosed. I think a fair thing to do would be to allow "general flares" done via PP only, to be changeable on the weapon you choose. You can "Set" your weapon to the flares of your choice once every day, or week, or month (year would be far too long..even a month is too long IMO ) This would allow members who use this option to grow with their weapon or be able to relocate at cap every once in a while. I think you could make this an option that costs double than just putting a single flare on a weapon. Random treasure found stuff would not have this ability as a norm obviously.

A blue Falchion:

set my falchion to freezing
set my falchion to blazing
set my falchion to boiling
set my falchion to charging
set my falchion to dissolving
Re: FLARES 06/12/2012 05:48 PM CDT

There are weapons that have switchable flares and even some older weapons that can switch between four.

I like the idea of having a basic weapon and being able to "stack" flares on it through merchant services.
I could even see it being a frequent spike-like merchant offering so the lands become ripe with variety.

I don't remember the last time I used a flaring weapon.
I wouldn't mind owning one I could customize though.
Fire and Ice would be nice.