Forum Reorganization 05/05/2016 04:24 PM CDT
So today we have reorganized the categories on the forums just a slight bit. To alleviate possible confusion between PAID events, festivals, etc. and regular non-pay ones we have created a new category on the forums entitled "Town Events and Happenings". This is were we have moved many sub-topics, such as Cross into Shadows, that discuss various free festivals and roleplaying storylines. The previous category "Quests/Sagas/Events" has been renamed to "Events, Quests, and SimuCoins" and will now only house topics specifically regarding paid events and SimuCoins.

On that note, I know there is quite the concern regarding the links to these now-moved topics on the GSWIKI now being broken, and I apologize for that. I will be working on fixing them as soon as possible. If any players wish to help with this process--and it definitely is not required at all--please feel free. Or if someone with much more wiki-coding experience than I wants to write a bot to do it that's acceptable too! (kidding! Kinda....)

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Forum Reorganization 05/08/2016 11:58 AM CDT

I just tried to post in the Duskruin event folder and it stated "You are not allowed to post on that topic."

Is this a new feature? ;-)
Re: Forum Reorganization 05/08/2016 12:12 PM CDT
>I just tried to post in the Duskruin event folder and it stated "You are not allowed to post on that topic."

>Is this a new feature? ;-)

And now it appears to have allowed me to post. I'll chalk it up to operator error!
Re: Forum Reorganization 05/09/2016 02:26 PM CDT
Read the Simutronics Board more. :)

I posted over there last week when I ran into the situation here, and it seems that when the GS Staff was making changes here, they briefly set Board permissions for posting to "Platinum Account required."

Whoops.
Re: Forum Reorganization 05/13/2016 12:55 PM CDT

Umm...where did the Town Events and Happenings folder go?
Re: Forum Reorganization 05/13/2016 01:03 PM CDT

>Umm...where did the Town Events and Happenings folder go?

Seems to be this now: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/World%20Events,%20Festivals,%20and%20Storylines/view
Re: Forum Reorganization 05/13/2016 01:19 PM CDT
ARRGG..I am trying to comply but seriously....frustrating!
Re: Forum Reorganization 05/13/2016 01:31 PM CDT

The forum reorganization seems to have destroyed the ability to effectively search Tinyheroes.com for old posts. This is extremely disappointing as it is something I use constantly in Wiki updates.
Re: Forum Reorganization 05/16/2016 12:00 PM CDT
>The forum reorganization seems to have destroyed the ability to effectively search Tinyheroes.com for old posts. This is extremely disappointing as it is something I use constantly in Wiki updates.

I haven't been able to load anything in tinyheroes at all recently, and now rely on the google caches, which are also slow and jumble a lot of things (like names and avatars of posters) together.

This was a rather hacky-solution to what should be a simple problem (searching some forums?!). But it was a solution.

Please turn my frown upside down!