Funky Forum Fails 7/16 07/16/2014 03:29 PM CDT

I am not sure if people are, on a large scale, hitting the wrong button or if the forum is messing up but I am seeing a lot of replies going to the wrong thread and a lot of new threads popping up that are just a continuation (and indeed even a reply) to another thread also open.
for instance in the thread
Lack of Current Issues/Continued Improvements list.
there is a reply that seems destined for the thread Turinrond's player opened up about the mass paralysis effect, there is also several in the Cross into shadows folder that seem like they should be nesting and are not....
Re: Funky Forum Fails 7/16 07/16/2014 04:32 PM CDT
A lot of it is caused by people hitting reply to last post in the thread and erasing the current subject title instead of starting a brand new post that will get threaded from replies.

In other words: If the subject you want to talk about is not related to the current threaded discussion then please just hit post at the bottom left of the screen instead reply at the bottom right in the discussion.

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Funky Forum Fails 7/16 07/16/2014 10:08 PM CDT
As a random thought... why not disable the ability to change the subject of a post when a person clicks the Reply link?

-- Robert

You raise your heel high, bringing it down solidly on a severed troll leg's foot!
The severed troll leg howls in pain, clutching its toes!
Re: Funky Forum Fails 7/16 07/17/2014 04:07 PM CDT
<<As a random thought... why not disable the ability to change the subject of a post when a person clicks the Reply link?

There's no way to do that, that I know of. Definitely not on my end.

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Funky Forum Fails 7/16 07/19/2014 10:26 AM CDT
Maybe it is time for a forum overhaul?
I always thought the forums here were a bit clunky in design compared to that of other forums i have visited.