Potential Idea to Reduce Monotony? 02/27/2017 12:59 PM CST
Disclaimer: This may have been mentioned before, and if so I'm sorry for perhaps dragging out that old, dead horse again. It sprung to mind the other day, so I figured I'd throw it out there just in case...

In an effort to perhaps reduce the amount of monotony and time to fully master (all five disciplines + crafting) forging, would it be possible to have currently mastered disciplines provide a bonus to earning ranks in others? The core concept being: once you've mastered beating metal into one of many shapes, there are only so many variations possible when it comes to creating different weapons.

So, perhaps if someone has mastered (500 ranks) Edged weapons, they would receive a bonus to earning ranks in any of the other disciplines (maybe a phantom reduction of actual ranks to improve your chances?) At one mastered discipline it could be 25 ranks, at two maybe 50, 75 then 100? I'm just kind of spit balling.

Thoughts?

For those who have already put in the extreme amount of time to master, I can only say I have the greatest respect for your commitment. I am currently working my way towards that goal myself, but I do feel that the time required is prohibitive to say the least. But perhaps if we do drag out the old, dead horse for some more beatings, we might refresh the idea of a Forging update?

Anything's possible, right?

\[T]/