Workshop time extension? 05/09/2016 02:42 PM CDT
Depending on the blade and material being used. you can easily eat up 35-45 minutes. If you want to start another blade, you certainly can, but you're out of lucky once the last of the time expires. You're forced to empty the oil from the trough, leave the workshop and then pay for another hour.

Now that forging has been out a long while and the lines to rent workshops are non-existent, can we extend the workshop rental time or perhaps have the workshop NPC or some NCP blacksmith apprentice come in about the time your hour is up and ask if you want to keep working for another hour of rental time (they'd take 300 silver from your person if you have it on hand)?

Or maybe allow us to pay for two or three hours at one time?

As I post this, I finished up on a blade that took me 35 minutes to hammer out, then to polish and fix the handle on the blade (almost another 3 minutes). Thus not leaving me with enough time to finish another one. I have to start my work, then re-rent a workshop again to finish the last 1 or 2 hammering sessions.

-Drumpel
Re: Workshop time extension? 05/09/2016 04:51 PM CDT
Maybe just add a bell inside the workshop where if you hit the bell someone comes in and takes your 300 silvers and extends your time by an additional 60 minutes. Give a 5 minute warning before time will run out. Don't let anyone have more than 119 minutes on the timer no matter what (because you know someone will log in, rent all the workshops for 24 hours, and then log out just because they can otherwise).

All that said, I really don't see the current system as being that big of a deal (empty the trough, walk out of the workshop, walk back in, go back to work).

-- Robert

The town guard exclaims, "What do I look like, a scholar from Biblia?!"
Re: Workshop time extension? 05/09/2016 04:53 PM CDT

>Or maybe allow us to pay for two or three hours at one time?

I'm surprised it's not 2 hours to begin with. Even cobbling has 2 hour rentals.
Re: Workshop time extension? 05/09/2016 04:54 PM CDT
Maybe that's the better solution. Just give 2 hours instead of 1 when renting the workshop.

-- Robert

The town guard exclaims, "What do I look like, a scholar from Biblia?!"
Re: Workshop time extension? 05/20/2016 07:24 AM CDT
Now that I mastered crafting and one weapon type for forging, I can see the issue.

I was making greataxe blades; why, I don't know...seemed like as good a choice as any and unique to Zul. Then I found someone that's interested in a flamberge; cool, my first customer! Except that a flamberge is 7 rounds, which is thus 21 minutes plus some other stuff. So it's bound to get stuck on say the third iteration and empty things out and so on.

I can't see fixing this as a huge priority (well, I'm still forging with steel so the material costs are all practically negligible), but it would be nice if there was some more elegant solution to this than emptying the trough.