Haste in workshops 04/19/2016 10:39 AM CDT
I thought this was mentioned before, but I guess I'm remembering wrong.

Haste takes a large chunk of time off your RT when doing tasks in the forage workshops. I tend to keep an eye on the RT countdown before I start my next action....right now my RT says 240 seconds, reduced to 160 seconds. If I don't pay enough attention while hammering things out I'll screw something up (move rooms, put my foraging hammer away or something).

Clearly I can simply STOP 535, but to avoid any issues can something be done like the old Haste spell (this was stripped). The spell doesn't have to be stripped (not a big deal if it is, not like I need the spell while I'm in there) or setup so the spell is not allowed to interact with things in the forging workshop.

-Drumpel
Re: Haste in workshops 04/19/2016 08:44 PM CDT
I'll go through and make all the roundtimes non-haste in the next few days.
Re: Haste in workshops 04/19/2016 08:51 PM CDT
>I tend to keep an eye on the RT countdown before I start my next action....right now my RT says 240 seconds, reduced to 160 seconds. If I don't pay enough attention while hammering things out I'll screw something up (move rooms, put my foraging hammer away or something).

Why would you ask for a nerf?
Re: Haste in workshops 04/19/2016 10:11 PM CDT
>I tend to keep an eye on the RT countdown before I start my next action....right now my RT says 240 seconds, reduced to 160 seconds. If I don't pay enough attention while hammering things out I'll screw something up (move rooms, put my foraging hammer away or something).
Why would you ask for a nerf?

I'm pretty sure you have to wait for the entire original RT anyway. Haste has no effect even if applied.
Re: Haste in workshops 04/19/2016 10:36 PM CDT
>I'll go through and make all the roundtimes non-haste in the next few days.
>Finros

Nice. Thank you!

>I'm pretty sure you have to wait for the entire original RT anyway. Haste has no effect even if applied.

That is correct.

I'm not asking for a nerf.

The RT is hard coded in forging for the action you're doing. Having haste up reduces the RT, but it doesn't make the initial action end sooner. Hammering out mithril ore takes 240 seconds. Haste (if up for my wizard) was reducing the RT to 160 seconds. If the end results came at 160 seconds for me, instead of the 240 it originally is, that would awesome and I would take it all day long, but it doesn't work that way. This was the reason that the old haste (506) spell was stripped when you entered a workshop and the workshops prevent any magic from being cast.

If you're not paying attention and jump the gun when your RT ends, but your actual action hasn't, then you muck up your progress and it's very annoying. Certainly the issue can be avoided on my end in a couple of ways:
1) I can simply not have haste running (but this can easily be forgotten on the player's end)
2) I could run a script that matches strings - but I'm personally not fond of using a script while forging. If I have to go away from the client screen or away from the computer, I don't want my script running while I'm not watching. Forcing myself to type in my actions allows better control of my situation while forging - hence earlier today when I saw my RT bar vanish I went to do my next action and messed up my work.

I was just kind of surprised no one mentioned the new haste being an issue in the workshops yet.

-Drumpel
Re: Haste in workshops 04/20/2016 08:52 AM CDT
>> I was just kind of surprised no one mentioned the new haste being an issue in the workshops yet.

I doubt there are very many wizard forgers in the lands.

-- Robert

Raggler squeakily says, "Muffins are also known to be one of the most healthiest foods in the world."

Raggler squeakily says, "It's a fact."
Re: Haste in workshops 04/29/2016 08:54 AM CDT
>I'll go through and make all the roundtimes non-haste in the next few days.
>Finros

It's been a bit since I got back into the workshops, but things appear to be working correctly with the roundtimes with haste running. Thanks for the fix!

-Drumpel