New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/14/2014 10:33 AM CDT
Hi guys,

It's your lucky day. I'd like to introduce you to our new forest gnome guru, the amazingly talented GM Haliste! I know that she is extremely excited and motivated to improve on the race, and I have no doubt she will do many great things in the coming months.

Congratulations, and cheers all around!!

~Galene
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/14/2014 11:26 AM CDT
I, for one, welcome our new gnomadic roaming overlady.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/14/2014 11:37 AM CDT
I accept this gnomination!

~ Haliste ~
The M & M Guru
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/14/2014 12:13 PM CDT
Congrats! I'm certain she'll do a phegnomenal job!

Chad, player of a few
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/14/2014 01:33 PM CDT
Pony time?
New Forest
Gnome Guru

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Forest_Pony
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/14/2014 04:47 PM CDT

Congrats! I never actually knew burgals and forest gnomes had different gurus.

{pony time}

I think its the halflings that had ponies
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/14/2014 07:28 PM CDT

You don't gnome how happy I am!
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/14/2014 08:28 PM CDT
Hah. Ponies. Hrmph.

~ Haliste ~
The M & M Guru
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/15/2014 12:05 AM CDT

Woot!
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/15/2014 02:28 PM CDT
Let's get this party started!

What are some things that you'd like to see added for Forest Gnomes? Items? Documentation? I know you aren't interested in any racial verbs, so give me some other ideas and let me know what you're looking for!

~ Haliste ~
The M & M Guru
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/15/2014 03:43 PM CDT

racial ve...wait what?

I see what you did there.

I think the Felcour need a small blurb at least, they are somehow left out of the site here: http://www.play.net/gs4/info/tomes/gnomes/other.asp
and in fact you have to go to the timeline (the big one) or here http://www.play.net/gs4/info/races/cultures/forestgnome.asp to get any information at all about them, and to be honest the information provided on the other bloodlines is more fleshed out in the first reference (gnomes/other) that they are not included in. Only by looking at the timeline AND the cultures/forestgnome link would you know they became corrupted by watching the Ta'vaalor elves for instance. The information is there you just have to jump around to get the complete picture. For some reason some people like to play Felcour.

Also in documentation, someone asked me recently what feathers what blood lines use in the feathered cloaks, as it is mentioned they differ in the clothing doc, I have no idea as that information has never been released to the best of my knowledge, that seems like an easy one to flesh out without conflicting with anything.

Racial verbs cough

Can someone explain why we get a trading penalty in the landing? I don't mind it...I just do not understand it. Did we steal some roltons or something in the past?

Also, I like our current racial verbs we share with the burghals...it is nice homage to our shared past, I just wish they got something and we got something a little extra to show the cultural differences...I would recommend sweeping, raking, or tinkering for them...I should post that in the burghal forum though.

I like to leave items to our GM overlords...they always seem to come out with nice ones, I would point out the number of Apotl/Apotla cloaks in the game seems to be reaching dangerous low levels but I suppose Gnome Fest might be able to fix that pretty easy.
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/15/2014 05:52 PM CDT
> Racial stuff

I know nothing...

> Feather documentation for apotl/apotla

I might be on that.

> Gnomefest (Yeah!)

Yep... got it.

> Trading penalty

Have you not noticed the diminishing numbers of roltons in the Landing?! Coincidence? I think not...
(I'll check!)

~ Haliste ~
The M & M Guru
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/15/2014 07:09 PM CDT
<What are some things that you'd like to see added for Forest Gnomes?

Longer legs please. They're still a wee bit too short for me to comfortably set my beer stein on the tops of their heads.

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Radeek Andoran
General, Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/15/2014 10:21 PM CDT
>>Longer legs please

I thought all Tehir came standard with their own gnome on a chain that carries everything for them?
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/16/2014 06:46 AM CDT
<I thought all Tehir came standard with their own gnome on a chain that carries everything for them?

That depends on the Tehir actually. And as we've seen, gnomes tend to be sacrificed during blood magic rituals. And it "Gnome on a Rope".....don't drop the gnome.

Radeek Andoran
General, Drakes Vanguard
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/16/2014 11:15 AM CDT
Don'tchoo mess with forest gnomes!

~ Haliste ~
The M & M Guru
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/16/2014 11:32 AM CDT
<Don'tchoo mess with forest gnomes!

Wouldn't dream of it. My little horde of Forest Gnome end tables and mobile shelving units tend to get a bit unbalanced if they get upset and spill the drinks all over the floor.

Radeek Andoran
General, Drakes Vanguard
Re: New Forest Gnome Guru! 08/16/2014 03:18 PM CDT

<What are some things that you'd like to see added for Forest Gnomes?

Forest Gnomes are not appreciated enough for their lore and history. Really non of the gnomes are. Anything that would help culturally distinguish them better from halflings is good!!

Clothing that is not just small, but culturally correct

Weapons or armor that is decorated or properly made to look like a gnome would carry it

A place in a tree or forest (a big knothole, a limb) that would be a sanctuary for only small races, as many gnomes I don't think would sit around with townspeople if they did not have too, and tables at inns are build for larger races.