Agnomenimity 07/07/2013 01:18 PM CDT
Anyone know if and how gnomes and speak anonymously from hiding? I think the kraki article on both gnomes claims this is possible, and I for one would sure love to be able to since my gnome ranger is one sneaky, mischievous little squirt. Also, I'm pleased to see this thread is basically vacant. I mean...we're forest gnomes! What else has to be said!!

Player of Zeek
Re: Agnomenimity 07/16/2013 02:46 AM CDT
<<<Anyone know if and how gnomes and speak anonymously from hiding? I think the kraki article on both gnomes claims this is possible, and I for one would sure love to be able to since my gnome ranger is one sneaky, mischievous little squirt. Also, I'm pleased to see this thread is basically vacant. I mean...we're forest gnomes! What else has to be said!!>>>

I>say ]tree I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
Throwing your voice behind an oak tree, you say, "I'm a little teapot, short and stout."

From behind an oak tree, a voice says, I'm a little teapot, short and stout."

You can get fancy, throwing your voice behind a person or object while also performing an imitation. For details, just type "SAY". Gnomes are very good at this, but there's always a slim chance of botching it. It's rare, but it happens. So...have an escape plan. ;)

~ Heathyr and friends
Re: Agnomenimity 07/16/2013 02:47 AM CDT
I also recommend practicing in private or with a friend before, to make sure you have the syntax down. Might save you some embarrassment. :)

~ HH
Re: Agnomenimity 07/16/2013 05:22 PM CDT

If you are truly a mischevious little squirt, I have vague recollection that you imitate a person while throwing your voice.

And no, I'm not going to say who done it.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Agnomenimity 07/17/2013 02:05 PM CDT
<And no, I'm not going to say who done it.>

It was prolly me. :P

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Agnomenimity 07/17/2013 02:13 PM CDT
oh, the syntax for imitating and throwing your voice is: IMITATE SPEECH person ]person Gnomes rule!

If you use more then one ] it won't work and it'll make you look stupid, same if you leave the ] out.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.

PS elves that try to imitate and throw their voice at the same time will just drool...
Re: Agnomenimity 07/17/2013 04:46 PM CDT

Thuunk might do something like that if he is blatantly trying to mimic someone. It is sort of like a taunt ...