QoL Requests 10/08/2017 08:19 PM CDT
Wire spools -- being able to see how many uses it has left.

Rod examination -- being able to see the condition of the wire on your rod.

Wire on a rod -- being able to replace it even if it isn't broken/gone.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: QoL Requests 10/08/2017 09:37 PM CDT
Better messaging that adds meaning to the words:

Your fishing rod whips back and forth wildly!

Your fishing rod bends sharply several times in twitching succession!

Your fishing rod wavers frantically and makes sharp zigzag motions!

I can read that my fishing rod is moving around, but what does it actually mean in fishing terms? Messaging could guide the user so they have some clue how to react...

"Your instincts tell you that you should PULL on your rod."
"Your instincts tell you that you should PAUSE to let the fish tire out."
"Your instincts tell you that your line is about to break and there is nothing you can do about it because these words that you're reading have a meaning but you didn't get the code book to decipher the messaging."
Re: QoL Requests 10/08/2017 10:13 PM CDT
Precedent exists from the Duskruin traps/watching the opponents, and UAC where the targets become vulnerable to <the next action>.
Re: QoL Requests 10/08/2017 10:44 PM CDT
Has anybody been able to generalize some rules thus far? I've had twenty snaps in a row and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. It's almost certainly something about how often I'm pulling, but I've tried waiting three messages between pulls, two messages, one message, and it still snaps every time regardless. Any ideas which messaging is more inclined to induce SNAPs?
Re: QoL Requests 10/08/2017 10:57 PM CDT
Are you using the line or wire from the fishing shop on the isle?

It is much stronger than others.
Re: QoL Requests 10/08/2017 11:10 PM CDT
I noticed a lot more snapping this afternoon from deep water fish as opposed to when I was on the surface. Is this just a weird streak, or has anyone had similar experiences?

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.
Re: QoL Requests 10/08/2017 11:16 PM CDT
I wonder - has anyone tried the same motions as casting to play out line when it's appropriate?

Doug
Re: QoL Requests 10/08/2017 11:54 PM CDT
>I wonder - has anyone tried the same motions as casting to play out line when it's appropriate?

Once a line is cast out, your only options are to PULL ROD or do nothing and wait. You can't recast via any of the other methods. The fish will pull the line out (until there's none left), but you can't actively feed it back out.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: QoL Requests 10/09/2017 06:36 AM CDT
I've pulled less when it indicates the rod is bent very far or sharply (This means there is a lot of tension on the line/rod) and pulled more when the messaging indicates that the rod is only bent a little or twitching (sometimes up to two pulls before the next automatic message) and have had better success over all.

Sometimes, this means waiting for two or three "rounds" for the fish to pull against the line harshly. I've experimented with pulling once or twice during these streaks to try and regain ground against the fish with middling success.

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: QoL Requests 10/10/2017 07:33 PM CDT

Thanks for the advice! I'll experiment more in that vein. (I'm using the isle's silver wire and its squid bait, have been casting out nearly uniformly to the middle distance.)