Fishing Updates 10/06/2017 07:55 PM CDT
In just a little bit, fishing will begin tracking all your catches.

This will be a seemingly invisible update, but with this data, you will be starting down the road to earn fishing title achievements!

Phase one of this update will be the system update. Phase two will be the achievement (title) update.

I will post here when each phase is live. Phase one won't be long. Phase two will be a little longer.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Fishing Updates 10/07/2017 01:57 AM CDT
Hey, BELDANNON...

-- Wheels & Skulls Department

You see Blood Mayor Cruxophim the Blood Reaver.
“Blood for the Blood Mayor! Skulls for the Skull Office!”

[ Storyline: https://goo.gl/VQkXAZ ]
[ Order of the Shadow: https://goo.gl/88Ojff ]
Re: Fishing Updates 10/07/2017 03:20 AM CDT
Phase 1 will be live Saturday morning/afternoon. Fishing is a painfully long QC process.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Fishing Updates 10/07/2017 07:49 AM CDT
Is there any way I can track progress prior to phase 2?

RSN FISH INFO?

>FISH INFO
Total landings: 17228 of which 33 escaped.
Total weight landed: 26 tons
Number of SNAPs: 666
Fish most frequently landed: a pumpkinseed sunfish, 2793 landed, 1 escaped back to the water, 2791 roasted, 1 eaten raw. Total weight 1442 lbs.
Biggest fish landed: a ginormous veil-iron toothed kraken, weighing 313 lbs, but you should have seen the one that got away...
Re: Fishing Updates 10/07/2017 10:27 AM CDT
"Fishing is a painfully long process." -- Wyrom

Fixed that up for you...

(I was never impressed with RL fishing, you may have gathered.)
Re: Fishing Updates 10/07/2017 10:58 AM CDT
Phase 1 is now live.

>>Is there any way I can track progress prior to phase 2?

Not a whole lot of progress is being tracked. Right now, just tallies of catches which will relate to some titles.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Fishing Updates 10/07/2017 02:59 PM CDT

I don't know but hours upon hours have been spent in plat with no successful catches by other people, I've caught 2 but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the success. Can someone look and see why it's so borked please?
Re: Fishing Updates 10/15/2017 04:33 PM CDT

Are all fishing rods created equal?
In other words, are they all just the same thing altered differently, or are some rods better than others? it seems like some rods never miss a catch.
Re: Fishing Updates 10/15/2017 05:00 PM CDT
Of course, some rods are better than others..

For reals!
Re: Fishing Updates 10/16/2017 09:25 AM CDT
>In other words, are they all just the same thing altered differently, or are some rods better than others? it seems like some rods never miss a catch.

EG gear has a different spec to normal gear. I don't know how much of that is the rod and how much the line but its glaringly obvious in use. Prices suggest its mostly the line, but the shop claims the rods have an effect too.
Re: Fishing Updates 10/21/2017 02:34 PM CDT

For next year can you maybe make a raffle for like 5 unbreakable lines or something similar. Or after a certain amount of fish you are eligible. Trying to catch a 50 pound fish is either impossible or next to impossible.

I mean it wouldl be game breaking or anything.

It's very frustrating to wait 20m to an hour to get a bite then have it snap in 20 seconds when you do nothing right and have excellent strength and wire. and then have to wait another 10m to 2 hours for the next bite