Krakiipedia host fix 12/30/2014 09:22 PM CST
For Windows users

[LNet]-GSIV:Selema: "anybody who wants krakii to work: go to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc and open the file that says "hosts", when it asks what to open with choose notepad."
[LNet]-GSIV:Selema: "then paste this line: 69.163.160.164 www.krakiipedia.org"
[LNet]-GSIV:Selema: "then save."
[LNet]-GSIV:Selema: "do not save as."
[LNet]-GSIV:Selema: "bam, krakii."
[LNet]-You: "you prob have to run notepad as admin"
[LNet]-GSIV:Selema: "oh, yeah some people may need to do that differently."

so if you're running windows 7/8 or anything close to, run notepad as admin, open the file location as listed above, paste the line, save and should work
Re: Krakiipedia host fix 12/30/2014 10:30 PM CST
What about for Mac users?

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Krakiipedia host fix 12/30/2014 10:44 PM CST
That's not helpful. I'm not particularly tech savvy. What's up with Krakiipedia? I can't access it.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Krakiipedia host fix 12/31/2014 01:23 AM CST
Editing my previous post:

I can tell you how to edit the same file on your Mac, David. Send me a note at doug at play dot net, and I'll forward along some instructions.

But I recommend against it. For several reasons.

It appears (contrary to my previous post) that the problem is the registration is expired. It's going to take a bit of work to get the site back and back up. I'll see if I can reach out to Oliver to find out what happened on his end, and what source files he may still have. I'm not thinking this will be terribly successful, though.

In the meantime, the prior IP address trick (mentioned above) may work for a short time, but it might not last long.

Doug
Re: Krakiipedia host fix 12/31/2014 02:04 AM CST
Thanks, Doug. I guess I'll just leave it for a bit and see what happens.

--David

Re: Krakiipedia host fix 01/01/2015 09:20 AM CST
I think I can see what happened. It's probably ahead of formal announcements and such, but worth noting. . .

gswiki.play.net

Check it out. And thanks to the team - great way to start up 2015.

Doug
Re: Krakiipedia host fix 01/01/2015 04:29 PM CST
Excellent. Thanks for posting this, Doug.

--David