Is Krakiipedia down? 05/18/2014 03:48 PM CDT
Just wondering. I can't seem to access it.

Magarven the Mad
Re: Is Krakiipedia down? 05/19/2014 06:20 AM CDT
Not getting access, either. Quite concerning. For instance, more than a month ago I was able to isolate the following problem and emailed the webmaster. Still nothing though. I was thinking for awhile that someone should clone it.

I hope it's nothing too serious.

Could you fix this bug?

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=28267

You can either update MediaWiki version, or if that seems tedious or risky, simply locate the file KHTMLFixes.css and make it blank / comment everything.

Someone found me and was asking me how to fix it on their end, but the only way is to get an older browser, or to fix the server. I suggested they contact this email address, but I didn't know the solution. But now I did some searching and found the particular bug that is affecting KP

>(OOC) Rozy's player whispers to the group, "Spiiiiiderhalfling!"

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.
Re: Is Krakiipedia down? 05/19/2014 09:41 AM CDT

is anyone in touch with Oliver?

I saved the code to the lore chart, I'll put it up somewhere tonight
Re: Is Krakiipedia down? 05/19/2014 02:10 PM CDT
If anything is found out and hosting or maintenance are an issue, I'd be willing to take it over. Tell Oliver he can contact me at daidxor@gmail.com

Re: Is Krakiipedia down? 05/19/2014 02:19 PM CDT
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay it's back

Re: Is Krakiipedia down? 05/22/2014 12:45 AM CDT

Just want to say DR made elanthopedia semi officially a part of it's online database and I believe helped in hosting it, I really think if the current owner of Krakii is open to this GSIV should do the same.

GS needs krakipedia
Re: Is Krakiipedia down? 05/22/2014 06:25 AM CDT

>Just want to say DR made elanthopedia semi officially a part of it's online database and I believe helped in hosting it, I really think if the current owner of Krakii is open to this GSIV should do the same.

A few of us have offered money or hosting services for it. Oliver was very responsive when it went down and the site was back up within 24 hours. As someone who spends a lot of time working on it, I'd like to see it remain independent of Simu policies.
Re: Is Krakiipedia down? 05/22/2014 10:17 AM CDT
I've tried to sign up to be an editor, but never get a response other than the automated one. Anyone who knows the admin, if you could poke him review the account signups that would be awesome. I don't know why I would be rejected, but even a rejection would be better than months and months of nothing.
Re: Is Krakiipedia down? 05/22/2014 09:38 PM CDT
<<Just want to say DR made elanthopedia semi officially a part of it's online database and I believe helped in hosting it, I really think if the current owner of Krakii is open to this GSIV should do the same.>>

To be honest, I hope that doesn't happen, so long as the site retains the "Krakiipedia" name. Krakii is a player, not staff, and he has no hand at all in the running of the site. There are already a number of people who believe that Krakiipedia is the work of Krakii alone, even though so far as I'm aware he doesn't really do much with the site. Making Krakiipedia official, or even semi official, would lead to all kinds of confusion.

<<I've tried to sign up to be an editor, but never get a response other than the automated one. Anyone who knows the admin, if you could poke him review the account signups that would be awesome. I don't know why I would be rejected, but even a rejection would be better than months and months of nothing.>>

Likewise, I lost my password to my account on the site, and attempts to recover it have been unsuccessful. I ended up sending an e-mail to the admin requesting that the account be closed outright so I could sign up again, but I haven't received a response on it. Even a "we can't do that" would tell me at least my message got through.

Gretchen

Visit the GSGuide wiki, now home to merchant shop inventory lists! http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/GSGuide_Wiki
Meeting Nilandia: http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Nilandia
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: Is Krakiipedia down? 05/23/2014 12:02 AM CDT
On the upside, Oliver also fixed the bug I reported, so now the navigation bar should be displaying properly.

Frankly, since KP requires a play.net email to enable an account, it should essentially be automatic. I'm rather unsure why it remains a situation of manual confirmation given that it is restricted at least to people who have some Simutronics subscription (even if we couldn't know for sure that it's GemStone...)

Re: Is Krakiipedia down? 05/23/2014 11:23 AM CDT
I get a confirmation email asking me to click a link, but when I try to click it I get this:

>>The account tied to this activation code has already been confirmed.

However, I've never gotten any kind of email with account details or anything, and if I try to log in it tells me:

>>Login error
>>There is no user by the name "Prat2". User names are case sensitive. Check your spelling, or create a new account.

I've tried all the different case senstive options... PRAT2, Prat2, prat2, etc, but none of them work.

Not sure what else to do.
Re: Is Krakiipedia down? 05/23/2014 08:54 PM CDT
>Not sure what else to do.

Invoke your god's name and launch a full scale attack on a nearby town. Kenstrom taught me how to deal with all of life's little problems.