Meh... 02/27/2016 10:18 PM CST

Didn't see any posts on this...

Two weekends ago I went to the funeral of one of our own.

Ken Kenyon, aka GM Dirkay, husband of Jessta, player of Mersteel passed away from a sudden illness.

He was one of the good ones.

~Paul/Avantos/some other ex-gm :)
Re: Meh... 02/27/2016 11:07 PM CST
Sorry to hear about this, Paul, although I did not know Ken. It's always sad to hear of the passing of one of our longtime players.

On another note, I was thinking the other day that I had not seen you post anything for a long time. Glad to see you're still around.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Meh... 02/28/2016 01:24 AM CST

Hi David!

I'm doing well and banging around. Hard to keep up with all the changes in GS but the folks seem to be doing great. I could be critical here and there, but little reason in general.

Life's good. I got a 13 year old now from my girlfriend of a few years, running a dog charity (www.kaneskrusade.org) and still playing around in knowing too much about people running a startup background checking company funded in part by the state of CT. Back in the gym after some medical problems (mostly my back!) kicking @&@ and taking names at 47. :) High bar squats at 225 and climbing, and about to start back into hardcore plyo. Ex-GM Cyr is inspiring me, he's really come a long way.

Next up from my bag of tricks is starting my eesh, 4th company, this one pet-related.

~Paul
Re: Meh... 02/28/2016 02:23 AM CST
Cool. Sounds like you're doing well overall. I'm glad, and I'm glad you are still around the game. You did a great deal for all of us as a GM.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Meh... 03/10/2016 11:21 PM CST
Paul, thanks for posting this. I remember Ken, and I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

I knew him when he was a board monitor, but either I have forgotten or never knew that he went on to become a GM.

How sad that he is gone.

My condolences to his family.
Re: Meh... 08/11/2017 09:47 PM CDT
Oh my God.

Sorry for responding to such an old thread, but I haven't been around here for years.

Jessta, I'm so sorry for your loss. Ken was one of the good ones.

--Mike/Tsoran