Player of Bisco 11/12/2015 02:03 PM CST
As some of you may know, we lost another member of our community. The player of Bisco passed away this week. We are devastated to hear about this loss and have quickly built a memorial to honor everyone's favorite baker. I went ahead and touched up an area in Halcyon Hills, and GM Kenstrom built a statue fit for the giant. You can find it just east of the entrance to Halcyon Hills. I believe there will be a ceremony in game this weekend by members of our community.

Please remember, life is short and precious. My condolences to his friends and family.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Player of Bisco 11/12/2015 03:38 PM CST
There will be an in game memorial for Bisco on Saturday, November 14th at 10 EST in the area Wyrom mentioned.

It will be informal, with a few speakers, an open floor for those who wish to say something about Bisco, and a closing.

If you wish to be a speaker, or have any questions, please feel free to contact me using my AIM, catching Stormyrain in game, or my play.net email address.

I will take a moment to say thank you so much to staff for creating this memorial to a great character, and a good friend.

It's part of the reason I love this community so much, and part of the reason why losing someone from our community is always so hard. It's almost like losing 2 people, when we do. We lose the characters we grow to love, and the beautiful souls behind them too.

~Nichoel, the Muse.

Nature of rebellion, means to an end. Sometimes men are tempted by money and power and they forget what end they're serving. ~Brendan Roarke, SOA Irish King

AIM: LdyStrmyRn
Re: Player of Bisco 11/12/2015 03:39 PM CST

..that is 10 PM

..1 million silvers for a dang edit button I swear...

~Nichoel, the Muse.

Nature of rebellion, means to an end. Sometimes men are tempted by money and power and they forget what end they're serving. ~Brendan Roarke, SOA Irish King

Re: Player of Bisco 11/12/2015 04:33 PM CST

Wow, I just saw him a few days ago too. That's insane. Makes you really think about life and existence in general. See you on the other side Bisco.
Re: Player of Bisco 11/12/2015 04:45 PM CST
>Wow, I just saw him a few days ago too. That's insane. Makes you really think about life and existence in general. See you on the other side Bisco.

I hear you. I used to hang out with him in Illistim and got to know him quite well. Really nice guy and I feel so sad for his family. I still can't believe it's true. He was so young and so much life left to live. Very tough.
Re: Player of Bisco 11/12/2015 06:33 PM CST

For those who have asked here is the link to his gofundme account that the family set up for his girls: https://www.gofundme.com/6maafk5g

I have been in contact with Dale, Eric's brother. I will be sending him a log of the in game memorial. They are not familiar with this part of Eric's life and are overwhelmed in a good way over the outpouring of love and support.

I know not everyone here can make it in game; if you have a memory of Eric or Bisco that you would like to share, please get it to me. I will compile them all and send them to the family with a log of the memorial sometime next week.

You can contact me via AIM; or in game as Stormyrain, or email my play.net and I will get your messages to the family.

Thank you,

~Nichoel, the Muse.

Re: Player of Bisco 11/12/2015 07:23 PM CST
That's really too bad. I had fun RPing with him at EG, talking about teaching his cat to wear a tiny hat. :( My condolences to his family, and I hope the memorial service goes nicely!

V V V V V

https://twitter.com/gs4_tahminarre
Re: Player of Bisco 11/12/2015 08:06 PM CST
RIP Bisco... I did not know you IRL but you were always an awesome dude IG. Helpful, kind and cool... Prayers for your family and especially your little ones.
Re: Player of Bisco 11/12/2015 11:05 PM CST
How terribly sad for his family. I was chatting with him during Ebon Gate offering his money to merchants as a joke and was really having fun interactions with him.

~ The girl behind Debia

Contribute to the economy of Debia! You too can make a difference!
https://ps.lichproject.org/shops/2177
Re: Player of Bisco 11/13/2015 12:56 AM CST
Truly devastated.

Definitely will miss you, my dude.
Re: Player of Bisco 11/15/2015 09:21 PM CST
A moving send off for the Baker. Kudos to Stormy for organizing things, and to the GMs who designed the room.
Re: Player of Bisco 11/16/2015 10:55 AM CST

I'm sorry I couldn't make the send off to Bisco but previous commitments prevented me from attending. However, I'd like to express my sorrow for his loss. He was such a kind and fun player. I didn't know him super well but everytime our paths crossed he was just such fun! And during this past Ebons he was just a delight and he'll be so sorely missed.

Silvergate had already a Baking event on the calendar when this news was announced. I had completely expected Bisco to show up and I'm just floored by this news. In his honor we will add his name as an honorary winner when we put up the plaque for the winners at Silvergate, likely sometime in January.

Rest well Bisco.