Zzentar 08/13/2015 06:27 PM CDT
Zzentar's player passed away two days ago. Considering that he was one of the more experienced wizards around, I had expected to see a notice here before this; I'll post it now. My cleric Guen and he hunted in the Bowels years ago, but then I semi-retired her and brought up some new folks, so I sort of lost touch with him the last few years. My memory gets a bit spotty with age, but if I recall, his name was Ben. Condolences to family/friends.
Re: Zzentar 08/13/2015 06:54 PM CDT
Thank you for posting this. While I never got to know the player behind Zzentar, he is definitely part of the memories that make up the many happy times I've enjoyed here in Elanthia.

He will be very much missed.

My prayers go out to him and his family/friends.

-- Robert aka Faulkil

"All wizards are beginners; some of us have just been beginning longer!"
Re: Zzentar 08/14/2015 12:39 AM CDT
Thank you for posting, and I came here -- like you -- to confirm the tragic news was syndicated, since I only just found out a couple hours ago.

He was a great friend to a vastly broad range of players -- possibly one of the greatest drifters between different cliques and crowds we had in GemStone.

I was very saddened by this news, and my best wishes for everyone.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Zzentar 08/14/2015 12:44 AM CDT
>if I recall, his name was Ben.

Ken

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Zzentar 08/14/2015 11:06 AM CDT
I heard the other day that Ken aka Zzentar, passed away. I have known him for almost 10 years. I had returned to the lands in 2005 and was exploring the elven nations and low and behold I ran into a bumbling fat fingered level 32 dark elf wizard that look like my sorcerer. I helped him with mechanics, took him hunting and soon Zzentar became Zhelas' brother. He has been my adopted brother ever since. This has hit me hard. Ken loved this community and wanted everyone to have fun. His heart was huge. He is sorely missed.

This Sunday the Black Wolves will be visiting the spots where Zzs spent hours and hours offering free spells to all those who asked. Afterwards there will be a service at 10 pm for him at the Black Wolves Manor.

Peace
Zhelas

(Lord Paladin walks around Droit examining his equipment.)
Lord Paladin: How does he....How does he work?
Re: Zzentar 08/15/2015 10:31 AM CDT
This is devastating news to the community. Zzentar was a well-known figure in our game world of Elanthia. My first year as a GM, at SimuCon, Ken saw me walking and pulled me into his room to answer an assist. I thought it was one of the funniest things to do, a live-action onduty shift.

We have placed a memorial to Zzentar in Halcyon Hills, at the Forest Glade. GM Flannihan designed the statue and I added on to the room description for both day and night. I know the Black Wolves are also planning something soon as well.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Zzentar 08/17/2015 12:13 AM CDT
This is such a great honor that you've done. Thank you to the Black Wolves and to everyone who came together tonight to pay tribute to Zzentar and to Ken, the man behind him. It was wonderful to listen to everyone's kind words and feel the outpouring of love within the community. He was a friend to so many of us and he will surely be missed forever.

He really should have been with us at Simucon, you know?

Love to all of you.